Manga: Sea Princess Azuri
Sea Princess Azuri was a manga series by Erica Reis (now Erica Leigh Currey).Azuri is the princess of the Orcans. She is engaged to Prince Unagi of the Eel Kingdom, but is in love with Pthalo, a palace guard. The story revolves around this arranged marriage and was to focus on the Eel Kingdom's treachery until the series was cancelled by Tokyopop.
- Arranged Marriage: Unagi & Azuri's marriage would end the rivalry between the two kingdoms.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: The merfolk all had ornate costumes and fancy clothes for everyday wear. Azuri's refusal to wear them unless neccessary was a sign of her nature.
- Interspecies Romance: Mica is a cross between two types of dolphin mermaids. The question of what Prince Unagi and Princess Azuri's offspring would look like is mentioned.
- Jerkass: Unagi, at least in the first volume.
- Horse of a Different Color: The seahorse mounts used by the Eel Kingdom.
- Pet Baby Wild Animal: Awa the sealicorn.
- Rebellious Princess: Obviously.
- Runaway FiancÚ: Azuri fless the kingdom with Thalo at the end.
- Seashell Bra: Sometimes they're present, sometimes they're not. It's a wardrobe choice.
- Unscaled Merfolk: The Orcans and several other mermaid characters.