Manga: Saikin Imouto No Yousu Ga Chotto Okashiinda Ga
A girl named Mitsuki Kanzaki lives with her step-brother Yuya after her mother remarries. One day, Mitsuki is possessed by the self-proclaimed spirit of a young girl, Hiyori Kotobuki. Hiyori (in Mitsuki's body) must fall in love with Yuya to move towards the "Gates of Heaven." To do so, she has to wear a chastity belt with a "feeling gauge" she needs to fill regularly so the steps towards Heaven's gate appear. However should she (Mitsuki) refuse to do so, she will die
Also known as "ImoCho" or "Recently, My Sister is Unusual" (its English translation "Lately, My Little Sister's Been Acting A Bit Strange, But."), a manga series by Mari Matsuzawa that debuted on November 9, 2010.
An anime television series adaptation with twelve episodes premiered on January 4, 2014. Crunchyroll is streaming the anime, and can be legally watched here
, for viewers in the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, The Netherlands, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. An OVA aired on June 30, 2014. The anime was put under investigation by Japan's Broadcasting Ethics and Program Improvement Organization
due to its lewd subject matter and airing at a time slot that made it easily accessible to children.
A light novel adaptation by Kougetsu Mikazuki was released starting on January 14, 2014
A live-action movie adaptation has been set for Japanese theaters in May 2014.
Needs Wiki Magic
- The Ace: Hiyori turns Mitsuki into one when she takes over the latter's body in sports events.
- Accidental Pervert: Happens to both of the Kanzaki step-siblings.
- Yuya walked in on Mitsuki when she was changing in her room. It is because her room used to be his room.
- Yuya walked in on Mitsuki when she was trying to go in a flower vase in the infirmary.
- Mitsuki walked in on an undressed Yuya in the bathroom.
- Later Yuya walks in on Mitsuki while she seems to be pleasuring herself.
- A-Cup Angst:
- Both Hiyori and Mitsuki do this when they see Yukina in a bikini in episode 5, and again at the hot springs in episode 11.
- Happens again in episode 8 after they look at a magazine full of busty women.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Hiyori does this to Mitsuki at times.
- All Just a Dream:
- Episode 7, where Mitsuki wakes up from bed after a particularly embarrassing situation at school during a play, only to see even more bizarre things a couple of times. To make matters worse for her, it really did happen.
- In episode 8, Hiyori uses some magic which makes Mitsuki's breasts grow larger after they look at a magazine full of busty women. Her breasts grow to an incredibly large size, pop the button on her vest, then she wakes up. Much like the earlier example, she finds out the magazine with busty women was real, even though Yuuya tries to explain it's not his.
- Amusing Injuries: Yuya has a red spot on his cheek at the end of episode 9 after seeing Mitsuki in a Naked Apron. When Shoutarou tries to bring it up, the former dismisses it right away.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: In episode 12, Yuya comes into Mitsuki's room after being put under hypnosis by Neko to be more honest. The latter thinks that they're going to This and That, and braces for the seemingly inevitable outcome as he puts his hands on her shoulders. Then he just tells her to stop wearing those weird panties since he thinks they're really strange. She kicks him out of her room as a result, although this was enough to fill up the heart meter to allow Hiyori to ascend into Heaven.
- Armor-Piercing Slap:
- Yuya does one to Shoutarou in episode 5, although he slaps his friend in the back instead of the face. He is often also on the receiving end of one from Mitsuki.
- Yuya receives one from Yukina after he gropes her breasts in episode 12.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Hiyori's goal in the show. But to do that she has to fill up a heart meter tied on a chastity belt and get feelings of love from the boy she liked, in this case, Yuya. So she utilizes Mitsuki, his stepsister to assist in that plan.
- Astral Projection: Mitsuki's soul exists outside her body when Hiyori possesses it.
- Bad Bad Acting: Used in episode 7 by Yuya and especially Neko who delivers her lines in a very Emotionless Girl monotone voice. Averted largely by Shoutarou and his sister Moa, who bicker and argue fairly convincingly onstage, but it's largely because they hate each other's guts in real life.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Mitsuki briefly in the opening.
- Beach Episode: Well, it's an indoor pool, but otherwise plays the trope straight. Even Hiyori, who would presumably have no reason to wear one, is seen with a swimsuit.
- Big Brother Instinct: In the OVA, Shoutarou comes to Moa's defense when he thinks her friend is planning to rape her. It was a misunderstanding, but it's the thought that counts.
- Big "NO!": Mitsuki does these a couple of times throughout the show, particularly at the end of episode 7.
- Bi the Way: Only because she likes Yuya, because otherwise Hiyori would be a straight-up lesbian, considering all the Skinship Grope she does.
- Bridal Carry: Yuya does this to Mitsuki in episode 5 after the latter gets a cramp when jumping into the pool, and is unable to move.
- Broken Bird: Mitsuki's attitudes stem partly from the abuse she and her mother took from her biological father.
- Brother-Sister Incest: While Mitsuki and Yuya aren't blood-related, Hiyori intends to do this with him, using Mitsuki's body.
- Body Snatcher: Hiyori does this to Mitsuki. Mitsuki can reclaim her body when she has enough will.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Hiyori while in Mitsuki's body in the second half of episode 6. Perhaps as a side effect of spending so much time with the latter, she is unable to do anything when given the opportunity to be alone with Yuya. After Mitsuki awakens due to the increased heart rate, Hiyori forces her back into her body to deal with the aftermath of the situation as Yuya misinterprets what he's seen regarding the chastity belt and Hiyori's wings.
- Cat Smile: Hiyori sometimes has one.
- Childhood Friends:
- Koyoko and Tetsuya, Mitsuki's and Yuya's respective parents, were this.
- Yuya and Yukina. Hiyori doesn't like this one bit, due to the potential for Victorious Childhood Friend, and Mitsuki's nonchalant attitude towards the other girl.
- Christmas Cake: In episode 11, Nanami, Mitsuki's aunt, after drinking a little too much alcohol, laments about this when she utters that there were only old men in the mixed bath at the hot springs inn they were staying at. She later mentions to Yuya while still drunk and putting her moves on him that she's only 28 years old, then throws up on him.
- Cliff Hanger: Episode 5 ends on one, with Mitsuki falling over while being extremely hot, and Hiyori taking over in an attempt to get Yuya to help her. But she then takes advantage of the situation and ends up on top of him, and delivers a Wham Line to him to have sex with her.
- Clingy Jealous Girl:
- Hiyori takes an immediately dislike to Yukina due to how good she looks, her large breasts, and especially because she's a childhood friend with Yuya.
- Mitsuki starts showing signs of this later in the show, such as in episode 7, when she's watching a play where Yuya is the main character and has to decide between his girlfriend or stepsister. She says she doesn't like the direction the play is going in when Yuya nonchalantly says he'll marry his girlfriend, played by Neko.
- In episode 9, Mitsuki gets jealous at Yukina after finding out the latter made food for Yuya along with her. She notices he ate all the food the latter prepared, but barely touched hers, and gets upset about it. Yuya later mentions that he was going to eat the rest of Mitsuki's food as a snack, hence why he didn't finish hers.
- Mitsuki gets a little mad at Yuya when he offers to take her bags. He says it again later, and she gets mad again, but this time he was saying it to Yukina, who gladly takes him up on the offer. This causes her to get a little jealous, and she tries to reason that this emotion is because of Hiyori's rubbing off on her.
- Clothing Damage: Moa accidentally steps on Mitsuki's wedding dress in episode 6 and rips off the bottom part of it. Since they were onstage during a play, quite a few people get a good view of Mitsuki's panties.
- Covert Pervert: Debatable with Hiyori as it seems like she seems excited at the ability to make Mitsuki ejaculate in order to create steps to Heaven, but is shy when it comes to actually having sex with Yuya.
- Cry Cute: Mitsuki in episode 5 when she tries to cut the chastity belt off with scissors.
- Dangerously Short Skirt: Standard school attire for girls. Which also causes lots of problems for Mitsuki when she wants to hide her chastity belt.
- D-Cup Distress: In episode 11, Yukina reveals that she thinks her massive breasts are impractical.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Mitsuki gradually warms up to Yuya throughout the show, although the various hijinks Hiyori forces them into tends to slow the thaw as a result. By episode 12, she finally calls him onii-chan, or "big brother", something she hasn't done before.
- Delayed Reaction: After Yukina gives the bikini bottom that Mitsuki dropped at the pool in episode 5 to Yuya, he clutches it in his hand, and starts thinking about her, without realizing he's still holding onto them. Neko later points it out to him, and it takes him a while to catch on while several of the students realize he's been wiping his face with them unintentionally.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Happens to Yuya a couple of times thanks to Mitsuki's Tsundere attitude towards him.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Hiyori can alter her outfit at will, but remains barefoot. She at least keeps her shoes on in Mitsuki's body when it is appropriate.
- Dream Within A Dream Within A Dream: The end of episode 7.
- Fake-Out Make-Out: Yuya hugs Mitsuki and puts his face really close to hers in episode 5 to draw attention away from the fact that her bikini bottom came off. It works.
- Fanservice: Happens quite often in the show. Episode 11's Hot Springs Episode takes it Up to Eleven, with plenty of shots of the girls as they're getting ready to take a bath. Even Hiyori strips down for it.
- Forgotten Birthday: In the OVA, during a Christmas party, Mitsuki looks forlorn and won't explain why. Eventually, Yuuya learns from her mother on the phone that December 21 is Mitsuki's birthday. He tries to make it up to her.
- Free-Range Children: Mitsuki and Yuya are left alone by their parents due to their jobs. Mitsuki does have an aunt, her mother's sister, that check on them.
- Genki Girl: Hiyori tends to act like one, especially whenever she takes over Mitsuki's body around Yuya.
- Ghost Amnesia: Hiyori has this. She can't remember most of her life before she died but does remember her love for Yuya.
- The Glomp: Yukina does it to Mitsuki in episode 9 after the latter discusses cooking with her.
- Green-Eyed Epiphany: Mitsuki seems to have one in episode 5 when she sees Yukina getting very friendly with Yuya in the pool. Prior to this she just brushed off any romantic notions for him whenever Yuya was around.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Shoutarou towards Yuya regarding the latter's relationship with his stepsister Mitsuki. While she sometimes acts cold towards him, at times they seem to get along rather well. In contrast, the former has a very bad relationship with his sister Moa, and as a result they often bicker with each other a lot. So anytime Yuya brushes off Shoutarou's comments regarding their relationship, he gets a little jealous about it.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: Mitsuki often gets into these types of arguments with Hiyori.
- Happily Married:
- Yuya's father and Mitsuki's mother as seen in one scene at the end of episode 12.
- Yukina would like this to happen with Yuya, but Hiyori constantly gets in the way, and it doesn't help that Yuya is Oblivious to Love.
- Here We Go Again: The first season ends with Mitsuki and Hiyori completing the steps to Heaven's Gate and Hiyori seemingly passing on... until it turns out the gate leads to Heaven's second floor and there's another gate, forcing them to start all over again.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: The OVA reveals Yuuya cannot sing. When he tries to sing Mitsuki "Happy Birthday", not only can he not remember the lyrics, the whole house shakes and even Hiyori can't stand it.
- Hot Springs Episode: Episode 11 has several of the characters go to one, thanks to Mitsuki winning a lottery four times in a row. Naturally things happen to Yuya here as well, such as getting puked on by his drunken aunt and running into the mixed bath in his rush to wash himself off.
- Imagine Spot: Several characters have one throughout the show, usually Hiyori regarding Yuya.
- The Immodest Orgasm:
- Hiyori likes to do this to Mitsuki.
- Yuuya accidentally causes Mitsuki to have one in episode 8 while at the aquarium. Two nearby girls excuse themselves after she lets out an arousing scream.
- He does it again in episode 9 when delivering the Heimlich maneuver due to thinking she was choking on food during dinner.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Nanami wears her kimono this way in episode 11 when she gets drunk.
- Invisible to Normals: Hiyori cannot be seen by normal people. Mitsuki is an exception. But there are hints throughout the show that several other characters may in fact be able to see Hiyori.
- Jar Potty: Mitsuki resorts to going in a flower vase in episode 2. Yuya and a nurse catch her doing this, to her humiliation.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: In the OVA, Shoutarou mistakes one of Moa's older friends for a man, and as a result gets overprotective. Naturally, when he finds out the truth, he first apologizes, then briefly hits on her.
- Lethal Chef: Mitsuki thinks she's one in episode 9 after seeing Yuya not finish eating the food she made for him. While he doesn't remark about the taste, he says that he was going to eat it as a snack later, implying the cooking wasn't too bad.
- Like Brother and Sister:
- How Yuya views Yukina, and how he wants to view Mitsuki. However, Neko feels he's holding back still and forces him under hypnosis to be more honest about his feelings towards others in episode 12. Even while under the spell, he still tries to see Mitsuki only as a sister, although he does seem to enjoy groping Yukina's breasts.
- Moa wishes that Shoutarou would be more like this, but Yukina mentions that maybe they already are due to the way they act towards each other. She doesn't agree with that statement.
- Likes Older Women: Shoutarou, who in episode 11 tries to get Nanami to go to the mixed bath with him, having missed out because he was sick at the time.
- Line-of-Sight Name: It is eventually revealed that Hiyori couldn't remember her real name, so she looked at a children's storybook in Mitsuki's room that had two characters named Hiyori and Kotobuki.
- Locked in a Freezer: Technically it was their bathroom, but after getting trapped inside, Mitsuki does get lightheaded due to hiding in the bathtub to avoid being seen naked by Yuya. He hands her a towel so she can cover up and get out of there, and after talking for a bit they're rescued by Yukina.
- Love Epiphany:
- Mitsuki begins to feel this in episode 8. So much so that even Hiyori, who isn't in her body at the time, can sense the feeling within her.
- Yuya starts having these feelings in episode 12 for both Yukina and Mitsuki after being put under Neko's hypnosis. In the case of the former, he starts to see her as a woman after groping her breasts, and thinks to himself he'd like to do that again before snapping himself out of that, and with Mitsuki, he just tells her to stop wearing those weird panties.
- Love Triangle: While it was mostly just hinted at before, in episode 11, Yukina makes it pretty clear to Mitsuki that she's not giving up on Yuya, and steals the snack that Yuya had given the latter earlier in the episode. While Mitsuki was a little upset that she stole the snack, Hiyori is fuming that Yukina just declared "war" on them. Neko, who was watching nearby, says that Yukina was taking it a little too far, and says she's going to stir things up as the credits roll.
- Master of the Mixed Message: Mitsuki towards Yuya, although not by choice. Whenever Hiyori takes over her body, she acts very friendly towards him, unlike the usual cold and distant attitude Mitsuki displays. Naturally this confuses him.
- Mate or Die: Mitsuki must keep doing heart pounding things with Yuya to fill the chastity belt or she will die if it gets too low.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: In episode 12, Neko puts Yuya under a hypnotic spell to make him more honest with his feelings towards others. While it gets him into trouble in some cases, such as groping Yukina's breasts, with Mitsuki, he just tells her to stop wearing those magic panties. After Mitsuki kicks him out of her room, the scene cuts to Neko who is laughing at the silliness they just did, then comments that's what she expected from them.
- Mistaken for Gay: Yuya's assumptions in episode 6 after thinking about Mitsuki's chastity belt, along with Hiyori's wings, thinks that his stepsister is into cosplay and has a thing for Hiyori. Both girls are taken aback by his wild imagination when he tries to explain it to them.
- Mood Dissonance: The ending, which shows a costume of a girl, presumably Hiyori while she was still alive, going about her daily life while a very cheerful song is being played. At the end, she sees Yuya across the street, and jumps the guard rail in an attempt to approach him, only to then get hit by a truck. While in the credits she brushes it off and is perfectly okay, it's pretty obvious she died in the actual show due to her presence as a ghost.
- Naked Apron: Discussed in episode 9. Shoutarou tells Yuuya about an Imagine Spot with Yukina wearing one. Later, Hiyori tries to do it after accidentally getting splattered with food. Mitsuki tries to stop her, but not before Yuya gets a good look, and she gets another good look at his naked body in the bathroom.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: In episode 7, Mitsuki asks Hiyori to take over at the sports club tryouts. The latter does so, and then quickly ends the matches with superb playing with the intention of ending the games quickly so she could go home to be with Yuya. Unfortunately she plays so well that the teams instead ask her to join them.
- Not Blood Siblings: Mitsuki and Yuya are step-siblings when their parents, mother and father respectively marry each other.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: Hiyori forces Mitsuki to admit that deep down inside, getting molested by her and forced to get into ecchi situations with Yuya feels really good. Mitsuki reluctantly admits it.
- Not What It Looks Like:
- Yuya and Mitsuki are caught in a lot of these situations thanks to Hiyori.
- In episode 11, Yuya and Yukina meet in the mixed bath by accident. After they started getting a little too close, she tries to leave, only to fall down from on top of him being lightheaded due to the bath. Naturally, Mitsuki wanders in at this time.
- In episode 12, Moa sees Shoutaru bending over a sleeping Yuya and angrily kicks him, telling him not to rape him just because he can't score with girls. Shoutaru was trying to wake Yuya up.
- Oblivious to Love: Yuya. Yukina even mutters to herself at how dense he is after he leaves her in the mixed bath in episode 11 when they started to get rather close, only for Mitsuki to show up and run off.
- Oh Crap: Several of the characters have this look on them:
- Mitsuki usually does due to her predicament with the chastity belt.
- Neko has one too after spotting a kid grabbing Mitsuki's bikini bottom from the pool.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Hiyori is a ghost with wings. Mitsuki mistook her for an angel at first.
- Parental Abandonment: While they do technically have parents, and an aunt that checks in on them, both of them go overseas on business almost immediately when the show starts.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Yukina, who moved back next door to Yuya after moving away for a few years. Her figure changed so much since they last met that Yuya at first doesn't recognize her. Hiyori naturally doesn't like this.
- Potty Emergency: Mitsuki has these problems sometimes. It doesn't help that the chastity belt has a limited amount of time it comes off.
- Powers via Possession: Mitsuki has no sports experience, runs really slow, and tires easily. When Hiyori is in control, she becomes an incredible athlete.
- Public Bathhouse Scene: Everyone goes to a resort with a bathhouse in episode 11.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: Mitsuki doesn't like being seen inappropriately, but due to various circumstances, almost all of which is caused by Hiyori, she gets treated this way a lot.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Mitsuki tells Hiyori this in episode 5 after having had enough of dealing with the chastity belt, and the many embarrassments it's causing her. Unfortunately this causes her to collapse, and when Hiyori attempts to wake her up, the former becomes incredibly hot and unresponsive.
- Serious Business: Shoutarou regarding Yukina and Mitsuki cooking for him in episode 9. Yuya doesn't think it's a big deal, but then the former shares his experience at home with his sister, and how she commented he eat the grass in their front yard, or buy seaweed.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Hiyori while in Mitsuki's body, much to the latter's dismay.
- She Is All Grown Up: Yuya doesn't recognize Yukina right away when they meet each other again for the first time in years because she was a tomboy with short hair when they were younger.
- She's Got Legs: Several of the girls exhibit this largely due to their long legs and Dangerously Short Skirt.
- Shout-Out: After the credits roll at the end of episode 6, Yuya is given a mission ala Metal Gear Solid, and has to sneak into his sister's room to ascertain the situation regarding her panties. The scene plays out like the video game, and he even finds out her panties are normal, only to be spotted by her coming back to her room, and he lets off a couple of screams similar to how Snake does when he's killed in the game.
- Sick Episode:
- Mitsuki in the second half of episode 5. Interestingly, while she didn't initially appear to be sick, and probably just used it as an excuse to not have to go to school that day after the embarrassing incident at the pool, she really does fall down and gets hot after she tries to cut off the chastity belt with scissors.
- This continues on into the first half of episode 6. Hiyori once again tries to take advantage of the situation, but freezes up when the opportunity comes, unable to act due to Mitsuki's tendency to hesitate during moments like this.
- "Silly Me" Gesture: Hiyori sticks out her tongue while looking away from Mitsuki after the former attempted to pull the latter's shorts off in episode 5 and being scolded by her.
- Slippery Swimsuit: Mitsuki's bikini bottom comes off in episode 5, and a little boy takes it. Yuya stops anyone from seeing her in the chastity belt and gives her his own trunks (he was wearing a speedo under them).
- Split Personality Takeover: Invoked by Hiyori anytime she possesses Mitsuki, turning her from a largely Emotionless Girl into a Genki Girl. Naturally this confuses Yuya, as Mitsuki is cold and distant to him, while Hiyori goes gaga over being near him.
- Super Drowning Skills: Mitsuki doesn't know how to swim. On top of that, she doesn't want her chastity belt to be seen, so she uses the "can't swim" excuse to not go into the pool in episode 5. Not that it stops her from jumping in after seeing Yukina and Yuya go into the water after they bump into each other.
- Telepathy: Mitsuki and Hiyori can speak to each other this way for a more private conversation with each other.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Yuya gropes Yukina's breast in episode 12 after being made more honest under hypnosis by Neko. He earns an Armor-Piercing Slap by her, and a What the Hell, Hero? from the others around him.
- Throw It In: In-universe example. During the play in episode 7, Mitsuki gets a little jealous at Yuya when he has to choose between his girlfriend or stepsister in the play. Neko who was playing the girlfriend, rewrites the script and has him marry the stepsister who was played by Moa, but then throws Mitsuki up there in a wedding dress instead.
- Tsundere: Mitsuki, although largely not by choice, due to Hiyori taking over her body at times, and acting lovey-dovey towards him, while the former normally acts cold and distant.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: Mitsuki does this to Yuya a lot, like the time she and Hiyori were out of her body at the same time. From his point of view, she collapsed, and he tried to revive her when he found that her heart stopped. Mitsuki reentered her body and hit him for touching her boob.
- Unwanted Harem: Though it's mostly just Hiyori and Yukina going after him, in episode 11, Moa says she was waiting for Yuya in the mixed bath after her brother Shoutarou shows up there instead, indicating she has some interest in him as well.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Nanami gets drunk and pukes all over Yuya in episode 11. The camera cuts away, then shows him washing himself off.
- We Want Our Jerk Back: Hiyori and Mitsuki have a big argument in episode 10, causing the former to disappear. At first Mitsuki is thrilled to not be burdened by the chastity belt, but having lived together for so long, she starts to miss Hiyori and goes out looking for her. Even Yuya goes to look for her.
- Wham Line: A couple are given throughout the show.
- Hiyori when she first tells Mitsuki about how the chastity belt works, particularly regarding a Potty Emergency. She also tells her that the belt just can't simply be taken off either, although it doesn't stop the latter from trying occasionally.
- Neko gives one to Mitsuki in episode 4, while Mitsuki is outside her body. She warns the latter not to be out of her body for too long, and it turns out she has trouble getting back in once Hiyori's been in it for a while.
- Mitsuki gives one to Hiyori in episode 5. She outright tells the latter that she hates the situation that's been forced upon her. Hiyori attempts to explain she didn't have a choice in the matter, but then the former falls over, presumably from being sick.
- Hiyori, while in Mitsuki's body, tells Yuya one shortly afterwards. She takes over Mitsuki's body after the girl becomes unresponsive, and after Yuya comes into her room after hearing a plea for help, she ends up on top of him and tells him to have sex with her.
- Neko again at the end of episode 8, when she comments that things are going well for now, but worries about what may happen from this point on as both Hiyori and Mitsuki start feeling love towards Yuuya.
- Yukina gives one to Mitsuki in episode 11, at first clearing up what happened earlier in the bath with Yuya, but then she takes a bite out of the latter's snack that Yuya gave her earlier, steals it, then says she's not giving up on him either while walking off.
- What Does He See in Her?: Hiyori does this to Yukina a lot. She also surprisingly does it toward Mitsuki in episode 4, after Yuya shows he's Above the Influence and doesn't take advantage of her while Hiyori is possessing her.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Mitsuki is often saying this to Hiyori due to the antics the latter puts her in. She's finally had enough by the end of episode 5, and attempts to cut the belt off with scissors, but is unable to and then falls over sick.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: During the school play in episode 7, Shoutarou and his sister Moa both comment that the dialogue they have been given is stupid.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: In episode 11, Hiyori causes Mitsuki to win a local lottery spin four times in a row.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Mitsuki notes that Yukina is like this.
- You Can See Me?:
- While Hiyori is generally Invisible to Normals, several characters seem to able to see her as well, such as Yukina and Neko although they don't necessarily say anything about it. It's hinted that Yuya is able to see Hiyori as well in episode 5. Episode 6 confirms he can see Hiyori from time to time, but it's uncertain when he's able to.
- Yukina confirms that she can see Hiyori in episode 12, and says she can sense some supernatural things, but kept quiet this whole time because Hiyori seemed harmless. This certainly verifies why she often had a weird look when looking at Mitsuki/Hiyori in earlier episodes.