Manga: Reversible School Life
After angering his father over an incident with a girl at school, Shuu Kaidou
, a son of an electronic company's president is sent to all-boys school, St. Stokesia Academy. However upon arrival, he sees half the campus populated by cute girls, one of which he locks eyes with. But when he meets the principal, he is told by her that in order to help the academy's students understand relationships between men and women, for alternating weeks half of them dress up and live as girls.
And then the "girl" from earlier, Tsubaki Yaesaki shows up with carrying an extra girl's uniform and wig and is appointed Shuu's partner coordinator committee member. His job: make Shuu look cute.
A manga penned by Shuu Shirase and drawn by Suemitsu Dicca, Reversible School Life
looks in antics and the relationships between Shuu, Tsubaki
, Shuu's roomate Matsuyuki Touma and the class president Natsume Aoi
as they deal with their dual lives in St. Stokesia.
Compare Princess Princess
, only with everyone supplying the traps.
This manga provides examples of:
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Everyone
- Berserk Button: Don't ever call Tsubaki a king.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: Tsubaki
- Bishie Sparkle
- Brutal Honesty: Matsuyuki dishes it out.
- Cute Little Fangs: Matsuyuki
- Even the Guys Want Him: Deconstructed. Tsubaki looks so pretty as a girl that he often gets propositioned by guys, but he hates this, because he knows they're only lying to themselves that a pretty guy is 'as good as a girl' when the two things are completely different and will ultimately end up breaking up once everyone goes back to the real world.
- Expressive Hair: Shuu.
- Gayngst: Played pretty realistically with Natsume. He knows that the fact that they're both guys doesn't mean it's impossible for him and Aoi to be together. He also knows that he's the son of a famous businessman and that things like that really do matter in the real world.
- Idiot Hair: Shuu again.
- Jumping the Gender Barrier: Discussed when Shuu, Natsume and Tsubaki see a couple making out and possibly going all the way.
- Large Ham: The principal.
- Mistaken for Gay: Natsume
- No Sense of Personal Space: Matsuyuki
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Defied by the principal and averted by the allowance system she puts into place which forbids outside monetary help from the students parents and instead is determined by students grades. No pass, no cash.
- Shonen Ai: Discussed and somewhat deconstructed.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: How Shuu meets Tsubaki and Matsuyuki
- Witness Protection: An non-governmental version. The school is for students who are the sons of the rich or the influential (such as politicians) to avoid the media and other unwanted attention over the scandals of their parents or their own. Most students go under fake names, though Shuu overlooked that part on the application.