Manga: Ore Ga Akuma De Aitsu Ga Yome De
Demons will grant humans wishes in exchange for their souls and lifespans. Anzam Nia, an ambitious demon, is just about the only demon to have completely failed at collecting human souls. After being kicked out to earth by hell's police, he winds up in Japan, in search of a human contractor in order to get back home. Then he crosses paths with a lonely little girl, who is convinced he is an angel sent from Heaven and insists that he grant her wish. She even forms a contract with Anzam knowing it will take away her life. Anzamnia's first contract is formed, and her wish is... for them to get married?!
This work provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Uisu's aunt, who treated her horribly enough for her teacher to take notice and call child protective services.
- Alpha Bitch: One of Uisi's classmates, who starts to date a popular guy in order to become even more popular herself.
- Cast from Lifespan: Every wish shaves off a part of the human's total lifespan, equal to how great the wish was.
- Children Are Innocent: Uisu. She's so cute that Anzam's demon acquaintances start to be nice to him and make sure that she's happy.
- Deal with the Devil: The plot, demons enter into deals with humans to grant their wishes, but every wish costs a part of their total lifespan.
- Fallen Angel: Anzam
- God Is Good: Anzam doubts this because God allowed an innocent demon like him to be accused of and highly suspected of a crime he did not commit. However, Uisu suggests that it's thanks to this that Anzam came to her and made her life happy and that he helped a lot of other people, heavily implying this trope.
- Papa Wolf: The priest who takes care of Uisu is not happy to find her hanging out with a demon.
- Parental Abandonment: Uisu is an orphan.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Anzam, a source of constant ridicule from his fellow demons and admiration from Uisu. Even when he tries to actively go out and be bad, he winds up beating up a pair of thieves and gets a reward.
- The masked demon is in a similar situation to him, having been asked by an elderly woman to be her grandson so she doesn't have to feel lonely. She won't make wishes because she doesn't have a long lifespan anymore and will immediately die if she makes one.
- Nun Too Holy: Gender Flipped with Father Satou, whose level of malicious shocked even the archangels, causing him to be mistaken for a demon.
- Selfless Wish: Almost, if not every, wish by Uisu.