("A Peephole") is a completed manga series by Honmyou Wakou. It tales the tale of Kido Tatsuhiko, a small town boy who's come to Tokyo to attend art school. Just after moving into his new apartment he discovers a small hole in his wall and in checking it out gets a major eyeful of his sexy new neighboor; Ikuno Emiru. When she learns about the hole Emiru isn't mad. She's turned on. Kido quickly decides he wants nothing do with a perv like Emiru but Emiru isn't the sort of girl who takes no for an answer.
Has a spiritual successor of sorts, Nozomi To Kimio
, which is nearly the exact
same situation but set in a high school instead of college.
This manga provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: What Emiru is up to when Kido first sees her.
- As we go through the storyline he gets a bit more...eager to say the least.
- A Man Is Always Eager: Goes with this and subverts it. Kido is happy to roll with it when Yuri wants to sleep with him. But he wants nothing to do Emiru's games despite clearly being attracted to her. It doesn't help that one of the first things Emiru did was to take blackmail photos.
- Played horribly straight in chapter 47. Kido is happy to finally admit he likes Emiru, and prepares to sleep with her to cement their relationship... but it was just a plot by Emiru to get more blackmail material to ensure he can never stop their "games".
- Adorkable: Madoka.
- All Women Are Lustful: Or at the very least they're unashamed of their kinks.
- Attempted Rape: Multiple times throughout the manga by the local villain.
- And some by other characters most of which are aimed at Emiru.
- Babies Ever After: Used as a joke in the omake of the final chapter, which shows Emiru caring for a crying child... that turns out to just be a doll. Further when Emiru tells everyone to look forward to "Nozoki Ana 2 The huge family edition"
- Bi the Way: Emiru might swing both ways.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Chisato Komori, introduced in chapter 32 is this. Her entire reason for attempting to seduce the main character is "wonder what kind of face she (Yuri) will make when she learns that her boyfriend cheated on her."
- Emiru has shades of this as well. She will go to any lengths to protect her hobbies.
- Bowdlerise: The version of the manga put on the legal English Manga Box app was heavily censored to Apple/Google Play guidelines. Chapter one in particular is so censored that it makes the series look like hentai. What makes the censorship even worse is that it's happening in an app already restricted to 17+.
- Broken Bird: Eventually we learn that Emiru was that from the start, and slowly heals up as the series progresses.
- Chick Magnet: Lost count after 6 girls whom Kido has gotten through.
- Cuckold: A very huge, hurtful example that many readers were predicting for ages. Not only was Yuri Kotobuki, the girl in this situation, cheating on weekends, but she decided she'd rather have sex with her rich boyfriend instead of spend Saturday with her other boyfriend, the lead male Kido. On Kido's own birthday.
- Cute Little Fangs: Yuri develops these when she's in a playful mood.
- Despair Event Horizon: It all started going downhill when Emiru discovered the hole her step-brother had drilled to peep into her room, but when said brother dies with her being indirectly at fault for it, she broke.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Averted hardcore. Chisato attempts this in chapter 33, and Kido clearly does not want it. not that he can resist: she throws him into a room so hard he ends up with a concussion. It also helps that he's too shocked to move. When Kido still refuses her advances, telling her he won't cheat on his girlfriend, her response is to slam his head into the wall and keep going. She's stopped just in time by Emiru, who was already in the room, having seen through the plan completely..
- Everyone Can See It: Lets just say there's a reason people keep mistaking Kido and Emiru for a couple.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: They sure as hell do. Even our main character Kido went through 4 TIMES once.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Emiru is so sexy even girls want to try to sleep with her.
- Friends with Benefits: The manga skirts it so close you could practically cut butter with the sharpness. Going into more detail... Kido and Emiru has slept together naked (no sex), he's felt her up more than you can count on both hands (didn't go all the way), They've gone through some foreplay (still not far enough to be called sex).
- A more straight example occurs with the new juniors Shirou & Rie.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: The only time Emiru closes the peephole was when she was about to get it on with another girl.
- Good People Have Good Sex: The emotions the characters feel when having sex is a great indicator of this. Most of the time, it's bad sex though.
- You can see this dynamic by contrasting. For example, think about the times Emiru was almost raped or her first time with lesbian sex and see the emotionlessness, anxiety and confusion that permeates. Now contrats it with the first time Emiru and Kido had proper sex and you'll see the enormous difference.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Emiru pretends to be utterly crazy stalker in front of Modoka, in order to take entire blame for the "peeping", allowing them to be happy together. She even mocks him for the fact that she is still virgin, even though he could have her anytime. It works, and Modoka is not happy
- And then, believing he would be happier without a Broken Bird like her at his side, Emiru disappears from his life twice, first after taking the blame for the peeping to protect his relationship with Madoka (not that it lasts), and then at the penultimate chapter, after they'd already confessed their love to each other. In the second case, if it wasn't for Kido's desperate pleas and giving her one year to sort herself out, she would have really disappeared from his life forever.
- Jizzed in My Pants: Part of the Peep Hole Agreenment between Emiru and Kido. Usually when its the one or the others turn to peep expect this. Also pants optional.
- Karma Houdini: Quite a few people in this series commit sexual crimes but no one suffers any serious consequences except Emiru's step-brother. That also counts as Redemption Equals Death.
- Kick the Bitch: Modoka correctly guessed that Emiru blackmailed Kido out of genuine, if twisted, love. So she doesn't let him cover the hole, in in order to make Emiru despair with fact that he belongs to somebody else.
- Knight of Cerebus: Things had already gotten dark every now and then, but once Tsugumi walked into the picture, what followed was merely a build up to a series of Wham Episodes, mostly about Emiru's past.
- Likes Older Women: Kido's girlfriend Madoka (volume 9+) was 3 years older than him. Also a friend of hers who's in love with her is also 4 years younger than her.
- Manipulative Bitch: We're introduced to some during the story so far, but the crowner must be Emiru. Any problem/situation that comes up with Kido or herself that involves trouble she has a plan to do something about it. Or she planned it in the first place.
- Her method of defusing a pair of would-be rapists is to arrive with a bucket of gasoline, throw it on everyone, then threaten to light it on fire, all with a straight face. She then reveals that she has a second lighter when one tries to disarm her.
- When Chisato tries to rape Kido, Emiru deliberately makes it seem as though she's had sex with him: "Kido does better sex with love, I know it."
- Emiru specifically lets Kido think she's open to him having sex with her, just to get fresh blackmail material.
- Porn with Plot: Think its in there somewhere. Our main character Kido is just a young man from the country, attending college just trying to get himeself a normal life. And has lots of sex.
- Rescue Sex: Emiru offers to Kido after he saves her. He turns her down.
- The Reveal: Two, first people know that Emiru lives next to Kido, and second they know what goes on within the hole.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Kido's reaction when their teacher thinks he and Emiru are a couple.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Emiru comes off as more or less completely emotionless, unless Kido is involved, especially if she's able to enjoy her voyeurism and exhibitionism fetish with him. She's so desperate to protect her connection with him that she'll go to any lengths to protect it. Even if it means resorting to blackmail, or sexually and emotionally torturing him.
- Time Skip: One year, between the penultimate and final chapters.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: If you've read this far you know who the couple it is pointing at.
- Stalker with a Crush: Chisato again.
- We Used To Be As Close As Sisters: Emiru and Tsugumi.
- Will They or Won't They?: Kido and Emiru have had close calls, she even confessed to him somewhere along volume 4, but here we are about 7 volumes in and they are still at this point.
- They do in chapter 47. Except it was all a plot by Emiru.
- They will. As of 108, which marks the beginning of several chapters of sexual hijinks.
- They FINALLY did it in 114.
- Wham Line: There was one at the end of Volume 4 Kido getting fed up with Emiru asks her what does she want from him, and does she like him or something. Her response? "I Love You". Cue Silence...
- Also in volume four, again Emiru, this time to Chisato: "You wanted him, like a child wants her toy."
- In volume 6, chapter 47:
Kido: "Then, about me, when you said 'I love you' "
Emiru (holding up videocamera with Kido's shocked face on it): "In my eyes, the peeping rule is everything."
- Chapter 85 has this gem: "I killed her beloved..." (talking about Tsugumi)
- Wham Episode: several, but chapter 47 in volume 6 takes the cake.
- Taken Up to Eleven once Tsugumi enters the picture. Plus a few chapters of Vlume 10, nearly everything from Volume 11 to Volume 12's end is a Wham Episode in some form or another. It ebbs when we reach the final Volume. Until we get hit with one final wham in the penultimate chapter.
- Yandere: Madoka, once she finds out about the hole.