Jun Fujiwara is a grumpy, overly pessimistic worrywart. Shin Tachibana is a carefree, cheerful ball of unflappable optimism. The two aren't just unlikely friends—they're a couple.Negative-kun to Postive-kun is a light-hearted look into Jun and Shin's lives together. The tone is mellow, the hardships never too tough to bear, and heartwarming moments abound.
Negative-kun to Postive-kun provides examples of:
- Bi the Way: Chapter 8 hints that Shin is also attracted to women, but even then he assures Jun that he's his one and only.
- Cuddle Bug: Shin loves to hug Jun, and Jun loves being hugged by Shin.
- The Eeyore: Jun
- Grumpy Bear: Jun
- Happily Married: Shin and Jun are not actually married, but they might as well be.
- Incompatible Orientation: Sort of—a girl named Hatoko has a crush on Shin, who's implied to be bisexual and thus could hypothetically be attracted to her...if he wasn't so completely in love with Jun.
- Oblivious to Love: Shin's not aware of Hatoko's crush on him.
- Official Couple: Jun and Shin, natch.
- Opposites Attract: Shin the optimist and Jun the pessimist are deeply in love.
- The Pollyanna: Shin
- Shipper on Deck: Shin and Jun's relationship is common knowledge among their classmates and everyone seems to either love it or just let them be. Very few people seem to disapprove.
- Shounen Ai
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Even with Jun's pessimism, he and Shin are definitely this. And it's adorable.
- Slice of Life
- Sleep Cute: The end of Chapter 5.