Manga: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: The Edge
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: The Edge is a manga series by Chimaki Kuori, depicting the events of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny through the POV of Athrun Zala.A sequel of sorts, Desire, was later released. It consists of various events in the series as seen from the perspectives of other characters.
Besides many tropes found in Gundam SEED Destiny, the series also has examples of:
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Due to the difference in art style.
- Adaptation Distillation
- All There in the Manual: The series implictly assumes that the reader has watched the anime.
- The series also serves as the manual for the anime.
- Bishounen: Taken Up to Eleven for almost every male character. Especially Athrun.
- Cutand Paste Environments: If the event involves many characters who received their own POV chapters, you can expect some scenes to look VERY familiar.
- A Father to His Men: Yzak. He's a little young, but definitely shows signs of the trope.
- The Faceless: The two times the reader gets to see Meer's original looks, her eyes are not drawn in.
- Hidden Depths: Almost everyone who gets a POV chapter for himself/herself. Even Meer.
- Inner Monologue: A given, as the series focuses heavily on the thoughts and intentions of the POV characters.
- Perspective Flip: As the reader goes through POV chapters.