As a new transfer student, Kaga Kaguya has just arrived at Anju Gakuen, Japan's most prestigious boarding school for Youkai
. Left on the school's doorstep in a cardboard box, Kaguya's been given strict orders not to return home until he's reached the number-one rank in the school. There are a few problems with that, though — as a human, Kaguya is deathly afraid of the other students. More important, though, is the fact that Anju Gakuen is an all-female school... and his roommate, a gorgeous kitsune
, is none too pleased with the idea of bunking with a boy.Marugoto Anju Gakuen
(Literally, Completely Anju High School) is an Ecchi Unwanted Harem
manga by Amatsu Sae. Sure, it's fairly formulaic
, but still enjoyable
if you're okay with that. It's complete now, with all twenty chapters available on MangaFox.
This manga provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Tomoe is very sensitive about her chest size, especially when compared to her sister, Nene.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Averted; all the girls, when naked — which happens a lot — have quite visible nipples.
- Chaste Hero: Averted. When he gets stuck in a storage closet with Tomoe, Kaguya seems quite fine with letting things get out of hand.
- Chibi Mio when kissed on the head.
- Covert Pervert: Not so covert in later chapters, but Sasa's looks certainly don't fit her dirty mind.
- Fanservice: Everyone, constantly.
- Fun Size: Freya's sealed form is a miniature floating demon girl. This also happens to Mio when her forehead gets kissed.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Mio, due to her being a wolf and prefers to dress as little as possible.
- Petting Zoo People: All of the animal-spirit youkai, most notably Nene, Tomoe and Mio.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Saki is quite fond of this trope, and she likes to drop hints that it's why she came to Anju in the first place.
- Shipper on Deck: Saki likes to give Nene advice on how to win Kaguya's heart... or at least "her" body.
- Shout-Out: The three mikos from the miko club, can combine and transform into three different women. Heck, they even say "Open Gate!"
- Tsundere: Nene is convinced that Kaguya is an 'enemy to all women', but she starts warming up to him eventually.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Happens constantly through the manga when characters discover she is a he.
- Youkai: Inescapable. Out of the main cast, all but Kaguya are demons of some kind.