The story takes place 300 years after a catastrophe took down modern civilization. The world is full of chaos, and in this chaos a group of people called madness emerged; their objective was to cause strife and kill people. The group disbanded after their leader Kyo was left for dead. But Kyo did not die; he was imprisoned in a church and became amnesic. He escapes his bonds when his memory returns, and decides to take the priest as a hostage and go out in the world as a bounty hunter.
This manga contains examples of the following tropes:
- Attempted Rape: The way that Izaya is almost initiated into prostitution.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Izaya is very girly looking and is even mistaken in-universe as a girl.
- Fanservice: There's the requisite Boys Love fan service, but weirdly enough there also seems to be more fan service for hetero guys(or lesbians) since Miyabi acts as Ms. Fanservice.
- What Happened to the Mouse?:
- Miyabi was supposed to be in love with Izaya's brother, but when they meet again is not even brought up.
- Izaya has two older brothers. The one Miyabi loved was killed by Sakura two years ago. The brother we meet is the eldest of the three.