Manga: Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep
Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep is a short Yuri manga written and drawn by Mizutani Fuuka. The manga is predicated upon a coincidence: Kakimoto Imari is sitting in a physical rehab office waiting room, waiting to have treatment on her left hand. That is, two people, both improbably named Kakimoto Imari, are waiting. When their names are called, it further turns out that they both have left hand injuries and that they are born only one day apart. Thus begins an awkward and sweet friendship that becomes something more.
Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep contains examples of:
- Lost in Translation: Luckily averted: the word "Sheep" in the title is actually a plural but it's spelled the same way as the singular in both original Japanese and the English translation, thus avoiding spoiling the late appearance of the actual Wolf of the story, Rika.
- Name's the Same: An In-Universe example where both Imaris meet because they have the same name.
- Manipulative Bitch: Rika. It goes into borderline Yandere territory when she pushes Little Imari down the steps and leaves her on the curb.
- Meaningful Name: The title. Rika is the lonely wolf, and both Imaris are the little sheep.
- No Sell: Rika tries intimidating Little Imari by pushing her off the stairs. Little Imari being the girl who voluntarily broke her index finger over and over again.
- Office Lady: Big Imari's original job, alongside Rika.
- The Reveal/Wham Episode: Chapter 4: Rika was the one that got Imari fired from her previous job, and practically killed her social life among other females out of jealousy.
- Title Drop: A rather sinister version, done by Rika in Chapter 3:Rika: I care for her so much, that I'm willing to do things like this for her... my poor, dear, little lonely sheep.