A manga retelling of a traditional Korean legend about a spirited young girl named Chun-Hyang who is rebelling against a tyrannical warlord who oversees her village. However, despite her abilities, there is no hope of freedom unless the Amenosa, a secret Korean government official, finds that the warlord is abusing his power. Accepting the help of a handsome, if lecherous, young man by the name of Mong Ryong, she goes to free both her home and mother Wall Mae, who was taken by the warlord for his own base desires...Meanwhile, Wall Mae continued to refute the warlord's advances and ultimately kills herself to protect her honor. Chun-Hyang and Mong Ryong arrive too late, though Mong Ryong reveals himself to be the Amenosa and judges the warlord unworthy of his title. Despite this small victory, Chun-Hyang is devastated by the death of her mother and takes up Mong Ryong's offer to travel the land....Only one volume, CLAMP has said the story is not completed, and that they would like to continue it sometime in the future.Character sheet just created, please add onto it!Go here!
- Action Girl: Chun-Hyang
- Badass Adorable: Definitely Chun-Hyang! Even as young as 11 years old, she can already knock out elite palace guards and with her martial arts.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Mong Ryong
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Mong Ryong. See Obfuscating Stupidity but he also has the power to send Razor Wind with his sword and has Summon Magic spells
- The Drifter
- Driven to Suicide: Poor Wall Mae
- Left Hanging
- The Medic: Chun-Hyang's mother was a local healer
- Magic Knight: While the "knight" is inappropriate because of the Asian setting, Mong Ryong definitely qualifies as one.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Mong Ryong hides the fact that he's the Amenosa magistrate under the guise of a flirty traveler
- Secret Identity
- Spell My Name with an "S"
- Traveling at the Speed of Plot
- Tsundere: Chun-Hyang
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story
- Walking the Earth
- Will They or Won't They?