Manga: Kataribe No List
Hiwatari Akitsune just wanted a quiet, lazy life. Despite loving antiques, he was not disappointed when his parents' antique store closed, because it meant less work for him. And then he did a good deed for a little girl, and accidentally switched bags with her. Instead of his lunch, he found himself in possession of Aschnputtel, a magic watch with the power to turn back time for a person or object by 24 hours and the inspiration for the Cinderella story (Grimm Brothers version). After the watch fuses to his wrist, his lazy life is subsumed by the search and battle for the rest of the Grimm artifacts. Fortunately, the girl from whom he took the watch, the titular List, is an expert on the objects and becomes his first ally.
This manga provides examples of:
- Attack Reflector - The power of Little Briar Rose
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Brilliant but Lazy
- Holographic Disguise - The power of Thousand Furs
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming - The chapters are named after the type of item that appears; "The Watch", "The Music Player", etc.
- Improbable Age - At 9 years old, List is traveling the world, hunting for the Grimm items.
- Ordinary High-School Student
- Parental Abandonment - After List buys the Howatari family antique store (for an obscene amount of money), Akitsune's parents take an extremely extended vacation, leaving the two of them alone.
- People Puppets - The second power of Hansel & Gretel
- Power Limiter - The collar Brother & Sister prevents anyone wearing it from using items to their full potential, or in some cases, at all.
- Power Perversion Potential
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money! - List
- Slasher Smile - Tatsufumi Kunieda
- Super Strength - The power of The Bremen Town Musicians
- Telepathy - The power of The Singing Bone
- Wise Beyond Their Years - List is only 9 years old, but she's an expert on the artifacts.