I Dream of Mimi (or Buttobi CPU) is a Japanese Manga and OVA series created by Kaoru Shintani.The manga, written and illustrated by Kaoru Shintani, was published by Hakusensha in Young Animal magazine. The OVAs were produced by studio Pink Pineapple under director Masamitsu Hidaka and published in 1997. Only three OVAs were created, with a total runtime of 83 minutes.
The OVA provides examples of:
- Bridal Carry: Happens in the first episode, where Akira carries Mimi to the bathroom and hide from a rogue android. He even tells that she's light for a Robot Girl, presumably because of the advanced technology or body frame used in creating her.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Serves as Mimi's Berserk Button, as she doesn't like it when Akira gets a bit close to other women.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Forte. At first, she's thought of being an antagonist to the main characters, but her situation tells otherwise, and at the end, she becomes close with Akira and Mimi.
- Even Girls Want Her: Even the girls at Akira's school fawn over Mimi, who is posing as his distant cousin from Colombia. They're totally unaware that she's a robot.
- Deus Sex Machina: Mimi was designed as a Sexbot, constantly needing Akira's semen to refresh her physical data.
- Girl in a Box: Mimi, initially. Akira didn't realize the 'computer' he got was actually a gynoid.
- "L" Is for "Dyslexia": If only Akira had noticed the way the number was printed on the box, never mind the fact that the 'computer' weighed more than he did.
- Naked First Impression: Akira sees Mimi naked when he opens the box.
- No Ending: Similar to a lot of Eroge series of the 80's and 90's, the series was done as a quick series of OAV.
- Robot Girl: When he gets home, Akira is shocked to find that his new computer is actually a gynoid. What's even more frustrating is that she constantly needs his semen to refresh her physical data. The evil Macs are also designed to be Sexbots.
- Sexbot: Mimi was designed as one, due to a manufacturing oversight. She also constantly needs Akira's semen to refresh her physical memory.
- Take That!: The OVA has a pretty clear potshot at Apple, with evil Macs who want to take over the Japanese computer market, named after the codenames for the Mac family of the then-present.