TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Manga: Hentai Kamen
Literally Perverted Mask, Ultimate!! Hentai Kamen is a 6 volume manga by Keishuu Ando. Mild-mannered Kenpo specialist Kyosuke accidentally puts a pair of panties rather than a robbers mask on when he tries to sneak in and spoil a robbery. His mother's 'perverted blood' awakes within him, he strips, and the baddies are toast. Hijinks ensue
It got adapted into live-action movie in 2013.
Contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert : Often. It doesn't help that I Just Want to Be Normal Kyosuke has inherited his mom's S&M-lovin' genes...Come to think of it, it was an Accidental Pervert incident that created Hentai Kamen to begin with.
- All Just a Dream: The ending of the live-action movie.
- All Men Are Perverts: Sometimes. Especially when Shunka is involved.
- An Asskicking Christmas: the Christmas chapter in volume 2, of course.
- Crucified Hero Shot: Parodied during the Christmas episode, when Hentai Kamen swaps himself with the crucified Christ figure in a church, before laying his trademark perverted smackdown on a loan shark and his goons. While incidentally wearing a Santa hat.
- Badass Normal: Kyosuke becomes increasingly the most normal person (as his normal persona) with strength, although this starts to drain near the end.
- Calling Your Attacks: Subverted, averted, inverted, lampshaded, and turned upside down. "Inferno Bullet Train", anyone?
- Cool Mask: Subverted.
- Covert Pervert / Chivalrous Pervert: Kyousuke, Tengu Maru. Kamen is definitely the latter, using less gross techniques on women - although he's rarely in a position to fight them to begin with. He also can't figure out why people pass out when he walks so close...
- Distracted by the Sexy: Shunka has a fighting style that intentionally invokes this in her enemies, and she uses it against Kyousuke in her first appearance: "Mysterious Shiki Style: Honorable Lusting Fists". Besides also being an Action Girl, it probably goes without saying that she's Ms. Fanservice.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Of course, upon transforming into Hentai Kamen, he promptly turns the style right back at her.
- Everything Is Better With Spinning: One of HK's finishing moves is him literally spinning with his groin on his opponnent's face. It goes to its logical extreme during the fight against the Fake Hentai Kamen, where they end up spinning groin-to-groin against each other in mid-air
- Evil Counterpart: The Fake Hentai Kamen shares most of HK's abilities, but actually relies on the frustration of not being able to fulfill his perversion, unlike HK who just lets his pervert side go wild.
- Finishing Move: see Calling Your Attacks. Unlike most examples, though, HK doesn't normally seem to repeat his Finishers, instead using a different technique for each battle.
- Groin Attack: Goes both ways. Characters get hit in the groin, and Hentai Kamen himself tends to attack with his groin.
- Humongous Mecha: The main villain busts one out at the end of the live-action movie.
- In the Name of the Moon: occasionally, like during the Christmas episode:
"The one who breaks the dreams of innocent children, Akutoku Fudosan! Hentai Kamen has descended from heaven to deal with the likes of you!
- Jaw Drop: Many, many, many people, usually as their reaction to Hentai Kamen appearing before them.
- Man in a Bikini: The titular mankini wearing/wielding hero of justice.
- Mask Power: What else would you call it when a guy gets superpowers from wearing panties like a Lucha mask?
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Whenever Kyosuke's detective instinct flares up (inherited from his father), it usually comes to him in the form of something "not smelling right". It comes to him in sound form during the second biker gang incident, though.
- Oh, Crap: The usual expression of people who're about to go in to Kamen's underwear, face-first.
- Only Sane Man: Kyosuke and Aiko; mostly the former.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The Fake Hentai Kamen is obviously a middle-aged, scrawny man with a red/pink mankini, while HK is incredibly buff with a white mankini. People still get fooled.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: The tournament, with the 100 Erupting Horsefly fists...getting tangled in Hentai Kamen's underwear straps.
- Running Gag: Several; people's heads caught in Kamen's underwear (leading to facefaults/fainting from spectators); Shunka trying to pass off something good of Shuto's for something bad of hers, and then wrapping her brother's head in a large version of whatever it is when he corrects her; Aiko's crazy strength when it comes to Kyousuke; the Captain attacking, getting Ishida to root for him - only to realized that he's hitting on the opponent.
- Ship Tease: Kyosuke/Aiko, Kyosuke/Shunka. He marries the latter in the end.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Kyosuke's name has a drawn-out 'o' sound, so it's just as good to spell it Kyousuke, Kyohsuke, Kyoosuke, etc.
- Split Personality: At one point, Kyosuke has an argument with his HK persona inside his own mind.
- Spoof Aesop: In the live-action movie: "You don't need to be a pervert to be strong!".
- Too Kinky to Torture: Just when a villain thinks HK is done for while his minions pummel him to the ground, he gets up and reveals being beat up arouses him, and as such gives him more power.
- Widget Series: If the plot didn't tip you off that this series is a widget, then nothing will.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Some of HK's moves have a vibe of this. Only they include more dick than usual.
- X Meets Y: Captain Underpants, but with panties.