Manga: Gou-dere Bishoujo Nagihara Sora
One day, an ordinary high school Otaku
, Shouta Yamakawa, wishes that he could be by the side of the heroine of his favorite doujin, Sora Nagihara of Tama X Kiss
. Sora comes into the 3-D World from the 2-D World through the doujin. She is not what Shouta expected.
After a misunderstanding about Shouta's explanation of why he likes 2-D girls, she decides that he is fit to rule the world
and starts by gathering some concubines to to create his heirs
. Hilarity Ensues
is by Suu Minazuki, the author of Watashi No Messiah Sama
and Heaven's Lost Property
Gou-dere contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Mom: Tenka's mother, believe it or not, fits this trope. She's an attractive and rather silly woman who is as Genre Savvy as her mangaka husband. Once her hair ribbon comes off, though, look out. She becomes a ridiculously hot and (for this manga, anyway) rather dangerous vixen both of her daughters could learn a LOT from.
- Affectionate Parody: Oh, yes. Sora by nature is incredibly Genre Savvy, but more often than not she's Wrong Genre Savvy because most of the tropes in harem 2-D media don't work when you apply them to real life. This series pokes fun at just about every typical harem anime trope imaginable.
- Ambiguous Innocence: Sora Nagihara. Her innocent nature is most obvious in Chapter 8 when she has a strongly Luminescent Blush when she is asked to cook food for her master. Other times though...
- Applied Phlebotinum: All of Sora's martial arts techniques seem to come out of nowhere.
- Anatomically Impossible Sex: An in-universe example in that until chapter six, Sora thought that girls got pregnant when one ejaculated on their face.
- Bishōnen: Tenka's dad without his glasses.
- Breast Expansion: Tenka the flat-chested girl in chapter 3 got some "improvements" from Sora and yes, she even keeps them throughout the manga despite the fact the weight prohibits her from using martial arts properly. Sort of shows how her feelings toward Shouta have grown, since she knows he likes them bigger.
- Buxom Is Better: Sora tells Tenka, "Boys like big boobs." Also, as she's supposedly seeking out people to bear Shouta's children, she seeks out those with more 'motherly' figures.
- Averted with the boxing club manager, who hates large breasts.
- Butt Monkey: Shouta. Nearly every single chapter ends with him being carted off by the police for something Sora did.
- The Cameo: One of the girls Sora abducts for Shouta is Makiko.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Ryoko, of course. Sicne she's a Tsundere, this is a given.
- Cat Girl: Sort of. Sora actually is based on a terminally-ill manga character who wears fake cat ears, so that when she gets reborn, it might be as a cat. She's certainly invoking this trope, though.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Ryoko Kaburagi certainly seems to be a contender for the harem.
- Completely Missing the Point: Sora and especially Tenka's mother fall victim into this trope very often.
- Cry Cute: Almost all of the girls do this at some point.
- Cute Bruiser: Sora. 2D Art of Death, indeed.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Invoked intentionally by Sora. She... tends to do this...
- Such as when she makes Shouta spill ramen on Ryoko. She follows it up with "You ejaculated on her face!"
- Doppelganger: A second Sora comes to visit Shouta later. Turns out she's pretty nasty.
- Ecchi: And occasionally pushing the envelope...
- Expy: Shouta and Ryoko are both dead ringers for Tomoki and Tomoko respectively. In terms of personality, however, the characters couldn't be further apart, save the male lead's shared Butt Monkey status.
- Harem Seeker: Sora.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Interestingly enough, Sora fits this trope, even though she's always so upbeat and hyper, since she knows she's the scrapped character for the Tama x Kiss series. Leads to an incredibly heartwarming moment later when Shouta tells her how wonderful she really is.
- Improbably Female Cast: Justified since supposedly the principal of Shouta's school is a pervert and wants to keep the guy:girl ratio at his school low.
- Magical Girlfriend: An Affectionate Parody of the genre.
- Meganekko: Invoked by and forced on Ryoko Kaburagi.
- Meaningful Name: Goudere is a portomanteau of Gouki (devil) and deredere (lovestruck). Sora is a devilish sweetheart, all right. Shouta is slang for Shotacon, which is an attraction to little boys, but in this case sort of just implies how much of a woobie Shouta is.
- Mood Whiplash: It is a manga by Minazuki Suu after all.
- Oblivious to Love: Shouta Yamakawa, since he has 0 experience with it from real girls.
- Papa Wolf: Tenka's dad, the author of Sora's manga!
- Refuge in Audacity: For a while, no one was willing to translate this manga.
- Selective Enforcement: The police only ever arrest Shout a for the perverse acts Sora inflicts upon other women.
- Slasher Smile: The second Sora does this when no one sees, confirming to the reader that she's evil.
- Technical Pacifist: "I thought you said non-violent solutions to problems!" "Yes... I do... To that end... I believe in making one's opponent non-violent by incapacitating them."
- The So-Called Coward: Shouta, especially whenever a Drama Bomb drops.
- Take Over the World: Sora's plan for Shouta. He wants no part of it.
- Tsundere: Ryoko Kaburagi, and a rather textbook one at that. *sigh*
- Wham Episode: Suprisingly.
- Would Hit a Girl: Fukouka Boxing's master invokes this on Tenka, who justifies himself saying he's not interested in girls with breasts. Sort of a watershed moment for how twisted he is.