We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
"Because girls are too violent! Too scary! Just like dinosaurs!"
Written by Kei Kusunoki, Girls Saurus
(and its sequel/continuation, Girls Saurus DX
) is an finished Harem Manga
about Shingo trying to get back to a normal high school life by getting over his fear of women. This is complicated by the fact that, since his accident, he seems have become very popular, and can't keep the ladies away from him
, much to his chagrin.
After a love confession gone wrong, Shingo Chiryuu
is left severly injured and forced to stay in the hospital for a month. After leaving, he finds that he has developed a case of gynophobia
, and sees all women as "dinosaurs". His attempts to to rid himself of this problem lead him to his school's boxing club, where he hopes he can become stronger and overcome his fears. Unfortunately for him, all the other members of the club are girls
. Not only that, but the first member of the club he meets is Haruka Nishiharu, the same girl who put him in the hospital when she was morbidly obese and went on a miracle diet after the accident, to the point that she is now unrecognizable from her past self.
This Manga provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Shingo's mother to an extent. She approves of Brother-Sister Incest for starters.
- Abhorrent Admirer: How Shingo developed his gynophobia. When Haruka confessed, he screamed in terror.
- Accidental Pervert: Shingo has Accidental Pervert moments constantly, much to his dismay.
- Bokukko: Akira.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Subaru's goal is to be her brother's woman and have his children. Their mother is, apparently, supportive of this.
- Blood from the Mouth: Shingo quite often.
- The Cameo: Every girl who played some role in the series shows up for a brief one in the final chapter, each one ruining the Haruka and and Shingo's alone time.
- Chubby Chaser: Arahata in a nutshell. Aside that, he practically has no personnality.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: School "Madonna" Shiori just sort of disappears after a certain point. She comes back for the finale. Nozomi lampshades the fact that she hadn't shown up in forever.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Subaru.
- Cosmic Plaything: Shingo in all his splendor. Whenever he asks something of god, He delivers. Usually, of course, he delivers the opposite. He asks to "Never go to such a place(Gynecologist)"? His mother gets pregnant and forces him to go with him. He's apparently aware of this, saying "God is a Bully" It doesn't help that God was shown to be as a woman in a dream sequence.
- Cute and Psycho: Nozomi is a mild, non-murderous, sweet-natured example of one. The insane part makes up for it.
- The Ditz: Hotaru.
- Dojikko: Hotaru. So much that she can destroy everything around her just by tripping. And that's just the start.
- Does Not Like Women: Shingo himself.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Tsubasa. He's so feminine that anyone who looks at him instinctively sees him as a girl, even hallucinating that he has breasts and wears skirts.
- Dysfunction Junction: One of the main reasons Shingo's quest to overcome his gynophobia is doomed to failure is that every single female he meets is crazy and/or violent. He has good reason to fear all of them. To be fair Shingo's male acquaintances, Arahata and Tsubasa, aren't exactly sane either.
- Expy: A guy who looks very convincingly like a girl named Tsubasa. Sounds like someone we already know.
- Fan Disservice:
- Whenever Shingo has a flashback to his accident with a naked, morbidly obese Haruka. Unless you're into that. Have Brain Bleach at the ready. In hindsight, professing your love to a guy while looking like a nude Hutt was not a good idea.
- The amount of nude scenes with Tsubasa can also cause be rather... troubling.
- Fanservice: It is a harem manga, after all.
- Fat Bastard:
- Haruka, until her miracle diet.
- Shingo's mother
- Arguably, most of the fat chicks that follow Arahata around, Haruka when she's fat, and last but not least, the Queen of Gonk herself, Ichigo.
- Other chapters introduce members of the Boys Love Club with three girls who give Ichigo a run for her money.
- Hope Spot: Whenever Shingo thinks a woman is not scary or he can have a normal relationship with them, they will make sure to throw his hope out by the window.
- If I Can't Have You: Nozomi feels this way after she learns Haruka has loved Shingo for a long time and he loves her back.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Akira, who has no problem with taking her shirt off in front of guys (Or at least Shingo).
- It's All My Fault: Near the end of the manga, Haruka's mindset changes into this after realizing that her violently pummeling him is the entire reason for Shingo's illness and fear of women, though she had her suspicions earlier on.
- Lethal Chef: Even Hoshigaoka's cooking is dangerous.
- Love at First Punch: When Tsuyoshi Arahata first met Haruka she punched him in the face and sent him flying. Even left a scar. He's worshiped her ever since.
- Love Dodecahedron: Arahata has feelings for Haruka while Tsubasa has feelings for Nozomi, both girls have feelings for Shingo
- Medium Awareness: Nozomi, regarding Tsubasa.
- Never My Fault: Haruka attacked Shingo for rejecting her sending him to the hospital, but spends almost the entire manga honestly believing that Shingo's rejection made her the victim. Subverted in the final chapters when she learns the truth.
- Not What It Looks Like: Happens at least once every chapter.
- One of the Boys: Akira wants to be one of these
- The Reveal: In Chapter 63 Shingo finally reveals his illness to the girls, confirming Haruka's guilt-ridden suspicions.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Thinking Shingo is dying in chapter 63, Nozomi wants his semen for this exact reason.
- Spot the Imposter: In one chapter Kaeda, Akira's ninja bodyguard, decides to hide as the girls in school to experience a normal school girl life. But in each new form, Shinho sees a tell proving she is not that girl, like Akira wearing a bra, Nozomi having breasts, Hoshigaoka landing after a trip, and giving Tsubasa-illusion breasts but no male genitals, making Shingo touch that area to figure it out.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Tsubasa, much to his dismay at times.
- Those Two Guys: Shingo's two guy friends
- Token Mini-Moe: Subaru, until she hits her growth spurt.
- Tsundere: Haruka.
- Unlucky Everydude: Shingo.
- Unwanted Harem: For a guy who's scared of women no less.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Akira was born into a very traditional family and so she was raised to be this. She would rather be a tomboy so she only acts the part at home.
- Younger Than They Look: Subaru, Shingo's 12-year old sister, goes through an absurd growth spurt and now looks like a teenager, despite being in the sixth grade. This is especially glaring when two normal sized sixth graders essentially mug her for her homework despite being half her size.