Love and Romance in the workplace has never been so cute.
Ebisu Mayo and Hotei Chizuru are both Office Ladies
in the same company, but whilst Ebisu works at the head office in the city, Hotei is in a branch office in the suburbs. The two had met only once, when Hotei attended a meeting at the head office, during which Ebisu was highly critical of her work. After that, Hotei hoped never to have to see her again.
However as the story begins, Hotei discovers that Ebisu has been transferred to Hotei's branch. How will Hotei be able to work with this perfectionist workaholic
?Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
is a serialized manga
by Kizuki Akira
and Satou Nanki
. It ran in the Girls Love
anthology magazine Tsubomi
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san contains examples of:
- Being Personal Isn't Professional: Ebisu.
- Can Not Spit It Out
- Corner of Woe: Hotei goes into this sometimes. Mostly over Ebisu.
- Cut Short: There may be a sequel but so far the series seems to end rather abruptly after the fifth chapter.
- Disappeared Dad: It's completely unknown who Hana's father is.
- Dude, She's Like in a Coma: Ebisu is passed out drunk, when Hotei moves in to kiss her but pulls back at the last second.
- Girls Love
- Green-Eyed Monster: Hotei is incredibly jealous of Ebisu although this eventually shifts to her being Tsundere for Ebisu.
- Has Two Mommies: Ebisu's niece, Hana eventually has Ebisu and Hotei taking care of her. (So technically she has three Mommies...)
- Homoerotic Dream: Hotei has one of herself and Ebisu.
- I Didnt Mean to Turn You On: There are a few times where Ebisu has this effect on Hotei.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Ebisu is the most competent Office Lady in her division, but gets bullied and gossiped about by the other workers due to their jealousy.
- Is That Cute Kid Yours?: Hotei initially thinks that Ebisu's niece is her secret daughter.
- Jerkass: Ebisu's sister.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Shown to be this near the end of the manga, where she reveals that many of her seemingly selfish actions, such as stealing Ebisu's boyfriends, were meant to help her sister. Still a jerk, though.
- Jerkass Fašade: Ebisu. She seems totally cold and brusque, but it's a result of the stress of caring for her niece.
- Lazy Bum: Again, Ebisu's sister, to the point where she can hardly be bothered to care for her own daughter.
- Limited Wardrobe: Averted as the characters wear different outfits each day.
- Luminescent Blush: Ebisu tends to cause Hotei to do this frequently.
- Milholland Relationship Moment: When Hotei tells Ebisu about the time she swiped her shoes as a prank.
- Oblivious to Love: Ebisu seems unaware of Hotei's feelings for her.
- Office Lady: Ebisu and Hotei as well a few others.
- Opposites Attract: Although Ebisu and Hotei are not as different as Hotei likes to imagine, the gap between their personalities is still large.
- Really Gets Around: Ebisu's sister, who may even be an Anything That Moves type.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Ebisu.
- Tsundere: Hotei.
- Welcome Chapter
- Will They or Won't They?: Ebisu and Hotei.
- Maybe Ever After: While there is a future chapter that shows the two are still living together years later, its still only heavily implied they get together with nothing outright confirmed.
- Workaholic: Ebisu was like this in the past and still has elements of this.