is an original English language manga
by Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir (creators of Amazing Agent Luna
), with art by Rhea Silvan. It tells the story of teen-aged Nicholas Harker, who after losing his parents to a car accident, learns he’s the heir to a vast family fortune. But this comes with a price as he learns the hard way that Dracula
was based on a true story, and he’s descended from the Harkers of the story.
It can be read here
Dracula Everlasting contains examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Poor Detective McAllister.
- Bishōnen: Nicholas and Mason definitely qualify.
- Catapult Nightmare: Cate has one at the beginning of Volume 2.
- Cute Witch: Hecate, or Cate for short.
- Grand Theft Me: The curse functions by having Dracula attempting to take over Nicholas.
- Gypsy Curse: Dracula’s gypsy allies bound his defeated spirit to the family lines of those who defeated him.
- Hippie Parents: Rayne Ambrose
- Literary Agent Hypothesis: Bran Stoker based the book on ‘actual events’, but had to change the ending at the behest of his publisher, leaving out the Gypsy Curse.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: For a teenager, Cate sure seems to have a wide range of spells for every occasion that comes up.
- The Renfield: Karl Renfield is the direct descendent of the original, along with his sons. Compared to the older three boys, Karl is almost normal looking. His youngest son, though, is a handsome young man, for which he gets harassed for by his brothers.
- Shoujo Demographic: Has a definite shojo look, though it does get Darker and Edgier than most examples.
- White Sheep: How the Renfields view the youngest brother, Mason, who is normal looking. On the other hand, ‘the runt’ may be the darkest and most devious of the boys.