Manga: Daimidaler the Sound Robot
aka: Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
Turn your howling libido into power!
Healthy Robo Daimidaler!Part of the Spring 2014 Anime Season.The world is beset by the evil forces of the penguin empire (basically a bunch of perverted guys in penguin onsies) who continuously attack cities in giant mecha (also penguin shaped) in order to steal the power of High-Ero particles. It falls to perverted and Hot-Blooded highschooler Kōichi Madanbashi to fight the penguin empire with the help of Daimidaler, A Super Robot that runs on Deus Sex Machina (sort of).Yeah, it Makes Just as Much Sense in Context
Daimidaler The Sound Robot provides examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: As of episode 6, the show follows the new protagonists, Kiriko Kiyuna and Shoma Akemu, as they pilot the new Daimidaler.
- Affably Evil: The Penguins. They are generally pretty mellow, they do mind the collateral damage and they will return your Porn Stash to its hiding place
- Berserk Button: Commander Matayoshi hates Kiriko and Shouma's displays of affection.
- Bigger Bad: The Japanese Government
- Chekhov's Gun: The Penguin Empire's teleporter will randomly lose something belonging to a living being. It saves Dennis' life after he was stung by a scorpion.
- Combining Mecha/Giant Mecha: Daikenzen
- Decoy Protagonist: Kouichi from the looks of it so far.
- subverted at the end of 10.
- Deus Sex Machina: Hi-Ero particles are made by a Factor's arousal.
- Destructive Savior: Daimidaler is causing massive collateral damage during battle. And all exit points seem to be placed beneath buildings, parks and the like"Run away before Daimidaler arrives"
- Double Entendre: How Professor Sewashiko views any line anyone says.
- Ecchi: This series primarily uses groping breasts as an energy source. So yeah.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: Ritz runs on this: "Some men like breasts, some men like asses, is it so strange a girl would like penguins?"
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Daimidaler has one huge muscular arm and one tiny stick like arm, and well, this is an Ecchi series
- Gratuitous English: All the Penguin soldiers have names like Dennis and Michael. Ritz will also randomly say things in English.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Kouichi saving Kyouko
- Humongous Mecha: Daimidaler, as well as the penguin empire mechs.
- Insistent Terminology: Its a front tail, not a penis.
- Make-Out Kids/Sickeningly Sweethearts: Kiriko and Shoma just can't keep their hands off from each other. It's pissing off Matayoshi and Kakazu. The former get so pissed by it that he mentally wants then to die, the latter hates it because It's ruining her promotion
- Meaningful Name: Daimidaler = 大淫ら = "Huge Slut" or "Great Slut"
- Plot Twist: Episode 10 has Shouma turning into a penguin, Kyouko waking from her coma and Kouichi returning from the penguin dimensionnote in Daimidaler Type-2.
- Episode 11 ends with the Japanese Military attacking Beauty Salon Prince's underground base in Type-3 Daimidalers.
- Episode 12 has Ritz aiding both Daimidalers in their fight against the Military, Commander Six turns Shouma back into a human, and the Penguin Empire leaves Earth.
- Portal Cut: The Penguin Empire's teleporter has the tendency to lose various things held by living beings (Memory, fluids, articles of clothing, etc).
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Kyouko is on one to avenge her traumatized father. And you don't hurt penguins in front of Ritz, she WILL make you pay for it.
- Kiriko goes on one after Shouma becomes a penguin and leaves her for the empire.
- Super Robot
- Shout-Out: Ritz's "Fiery Blast Penguin Thrust", to Daimos' Finishing Move. A penguin even manages to insert a line from the latter's OP: "Show them your karate skills!"
- Techno Babble: Some talk about using Chakra was made to justify the whole Humongous Mecha thing
- Thematic Theme Tune: The opening, Healthy Robo Daimidaler, in a deliberate throwback to hot-blooded 70's and 80's Super Robot openings.
- Villain Teleportation: As of episode 8
- X Meets Y: High School DXD meets Super Robot. It's even official◊