TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Manga: Creo the Crimson Crises
Suou is an Ordinary High-School Student
if one that gets headaches frequently. Well, at least she thinks she is. It all changes for her on a day at school she gets a headache larger than any she's had before. Exiting class and taking a moment to look through the window over Lake Cindy, things start getting weird. The lake turns blood red and a vortex appears. Out of the vortex pops an odd looking woman claiming to be her beloved master, Creo Levigister.
The meeting with Creo asks a whole bunch of questions. Who is this supernatural princess? Why does she have the ability to cure Suou's headaches? What is Suou's connection to her? What is the true meaning behind Suou becoming Creo's "Sheravi"? Is Suou really just an Ordinary High-School Student
?Creo the Crimson Crises
is an ongoing shoujo
style Girls Love manga
serialized quarterly in Yuri Hime
. This manga is a Girls Love
romance story with a slightly cynical supernatural edge.
Creo the Crimson Crises contains examples of:
- All Women Are Lustful: Applies to everyone except Akane. Initially didn't apply to Suou, but after she regains her memories of Creo, the two have at moment in chapter 10 that borders on pornography.
- Artificial Human: Akane
- Baby Talk: Gemini
- Badass Princess: Creo.
- Berserk Button: Never threaten Suou in front of Creo.
- Bifauxnen: Creo, sort of. She prefers masculine outfits but her cleavage and other feminine features are a dead giveaway to her true gender. Mind you, some of the characters still get confused.
- Big Sister Instinct
- Boobs of Steel: Creo, not so much in the early chapters, but the later one drew her breasts as being larger than her head.
- Cast Full of Lesbian
- Cooking Duel
- Cuteness Proximity: Being around Suou brings out this reaction with half the people she meets. If it doesn't, unless it's Akane, then they generally wish her harm.
- Deal with the Devil: Urara befriends Kiki in order to get rid of Creo. That doesn't go too well.
- Discount Lesbians
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Most of Creo advances towards Suou look like she's either going to kiss her or have sex. Later chapters flat out drop the subtly, especially when Suou starts returning her affections.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Creo
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Creo
- Fan Service Pack: Somewhere between volume 7 and volume 8, Creo's breasts have become almost distractingly large.
- Femme Fatalons: Creo and Ridda.
- Fiery Red Head: Creo
- Girls Love
- The Glomp
- Happiness in Slavery: Creo describes being a sheravi as this, despite by nature of the relationship the sheravi is the demon's property, though she doesn't treat Suou as such. This is enforced somewhat later when we find there was human girl back in the demon world that WANTED to be Creo's sheravi.
- Horny Devils: Creo, she makes sexual advances towards Suou that half the time make it look like she'd rape her if Akane wasn't around to get in her way.
- Ill Girl: Akane
- Instant Runes
- Intertwined Fingers
- Intimate Healing: Both Creo and Urara try to invoke this trope with Suou. In the former's case, Gemini points out that she's making it up.
- Lady of War: Creo
- Lethal Chef: Suou
- Let's Get Dangerous: Akane
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Creo, whose done things such as get naked and get into bed with Suou while she's fast asleep, and then suggest both sleep together naked.
- Love at First Sight: Kikki develops one Urara.
- Love Dodecahedron: Creo has a crush on Suou who eventually returns her feelings, Urara has a crush on Suou until Akane's barrier falls with her death and Urara loses all memory of her, and Kikki falls in love with Urara at first sight.
- Magical Girlfriend
- Magic Knight: Creo
- May-December Romance: Possibly even Mayfly-December Romance.
- It's difficult to say since neither Suou nor Creo's ages are ever stated (still hasn't stopped Urara from calling Creo a lolicon), and when they're seen together in the flashbacks, we have one where they look the same age, and another where Suou is a little girl while Creo appears in her mid-teens.
- Morality Chain: Suou to Creo.
- No Social Skills: Kiki. Also, Creo to a lesser extent, though only with Suou.
- Ojou: Urara who also has a Big Fancy House.
- Ordinary High-School Student
- Orphaned Series: Its starting to look like one, what with there being 8 months since the last chapter as of this entry. In the meantime, the manga-ka is busy with her Katekyo Hitman Reborn! yaoi.
- Photographic Memory: Creo
- Rape Is Okay When It's Female On Female: Creo's advances towards Suou are Played for Laughs up until the series takes a more serious tone, during which Suou returns her feelings, but if she was a man, than the reader probably wouldn't look the other way to them.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Gemini.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians
- Sins of Our Fathers: Suou is targeted by a fraction of demons for her mother's betrayal of the demonic royal family, even though Toki herself is long dead.
- Skinship Grope: Kiki does this to Urara in a way that proves that Kiki has No Social Skills.
- Creo also does this with Suou, though Suou doesn't react positively to it. Chapter 10 has Creo, recovering after nearly killed, and naked, pull Suou onto her and Suou trying to invoke Intimate Healing by licking Creo's slash wound, which is right between her breasts.
- Talking Animal: Gemini
- Thanks for the Mammary: Suou wakes up on morning and grabs something warm, and soft, and then realizes it's Creo's breasts (which she seemed to like). Creo is also naked.
- There Is Only One Bed: At least that's Creo's justification.
- This and That: Urara accuses Creo of planning to do this with Suou, and as far the her actions go, she's right on the money.
- Trauma Conga Line: In a big Mood Whiplash away from the earlier lighthearted plot, Suou watches Akane die, finds that she was an Artificial Human and not her biological sister, and that none of her friends at school remember who she is because their memories of her were implanted by Akane, and after going to the demon world with Creo, endures watching Creo nearly die, and putting up with some characters that would like to slit her throat. Probably the only the thing that keeps her from completely breaking down is her moments with Creo.
- True Love's Kiss: End of chapter 9, full stop. That's a lot of tongue, Creo, you might wanna take it easy on Suou... not that she minded, of course.
- Tsundere: Urara
- Undead Tax Exemption: Creo and Kiki.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Urara
- Subverted later when it turns out the memories everyone at Suou's school, and memories she had of them, were implanted by Akane.
- Unusual Ears: Creo and Ridda's elven style jigokumimi.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Urara's being the highest grade.