An ongoing Seinen
manga by Tochi Ueyama. Cooking Papa
is about Araiwa Kazumi, a family man who cooks his family's meals.
Don't be fooled by the title, it has nothing to do with Cooking Mama
This series contains examples of:
- Bad Boss: Araiwa's not letting his underling to go to date before the overhour work is finished. Subverted. He let his underling go after the work hour is over, even giving him some homemade ice cream. Considering he's leaving the workplace during the work hour to cook for his family, it's maybe his way to not become a hypocrite.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Subverted. Araiwa's wife is a reporter without the time (or skills) to cook her family's meals. Fortunately her husband's workplace is at only five minutes from home.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Araiwa's wife.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Araiwa's look and dress the same way (business suit) and only by their advices we can tell who's the good one and who's the bad one.
- House Husband: The trope is kinda downplayed with Airawa Kazumi. Both he and his wife worked, but only he can cook in the family (and his office it's just 5 minutes from apartment), so he's the one who takes care about food.
- Long Runner: This series has been running since 1985 and has over 100 volumes so far.
- Real Men Cook: Araiwa Kazumi.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Subverted. Araiwa's hiding his cooking skill from his colleagues. Considering his position on office, it's kinda understandable.
- Social Services Does Not Exist: There doesn't seem to be anyone watching over the Araiwas' son while both his parents are working.
- It is quite usual in Japan to leave an elementary school kid by himself at home at that time, as is it considered safe enough.