Manga: Choujin Gakuen
Meet Adam Shinjou, a very nice and insightful kid who just happens to attract supernatural occurrences. Wherever he goes something bad tends to happen to things around him- so much so that he's been forced to travel on his own. One day while seeking shelter from a storm in a supposedly abandoned mansion, he meets a little demon girl name Oska L Duke who has been stuck in the house for years. The two quickly becomes friends and, after an incident involving monster hunting nuns, decide that if the world won't accept them, they'll make a school for the supernatural kinds.This however starts drawing the attention of other monster hunters as well which no doubt will bring Adam and Oska into conflict. Though with an ever increasing group of allies/staff, they may just pull off their dream yet.Can be read here.
Choujin Gakuen provides the following tropes:
- All-Ghouls School
- All of the Other Reindeer: Many of the main cast.
- Artifact of Doom: The aptly named Living Artifact of Mass Destruction.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Adam, a bit of an airhead but very insightful and can defend himself. Just not as powerful as his comrades.
- Cute Bruiser / Pintsized Powerhouse: Oska, Hachi
- Cute Monster Girl: Oska
- Death Seeker: This was Adam's motive at the start due to constantly being on the run from monster hunters and not wanting to put his new friend Oska in danger. She talks him out of it.
- Fantastic Racism: Most of the humans seen, though a few do change their tune.
- A Glass of Chianti: When the committee chairman is revealed, even though the heroes don't meet her yet, Adam correctly guesses from her tone she's holding one.
- Heel-Face Turn: Yamada
- Neat Freak: Yamada
- Really 700 Years Old: Oska who is at least 300 years old but doesn't look like she's more then 12.
- Spoiled Brat: The Chairman.
- Start My Own
- Talking Animal: Hachi, who is a talking dog.
- Van Helsing Hate Crime: It is said monsters hide in the shadows from humans who do this to keep them in check. This however extends to those that are friendly. So once word that someone was trying to make a school for the supernatural hit, the warning bells went up.
- Though later chapters imply that disaster should happen if monsters band together and that they are trying to prevent it. Still these hunters are portrayed as douches and seem to take pleasure in trying to kill them.