Manga: Choujin Gakuen
Meet Adam Shinjou, a very nice and insightful kid who just happens to attract supernatural occurrences. Wherever he goes something bad tends to happen to things around him- so much so that he's been forced to travel on his own. One day while seeking shelter from a storm in a supposedly abandoned mansion, he meets a little demon girl name Oska L Duke who has been stuck in the house for years. The two quickly becomes friends and, after an incident involving monster hunting nuns, decide that if the world won't accept them, they'll make a school for the supernatural kinds.This however starts drawing the attention of other monster hunters as well which no doubt will bring Adam and Oska into conflict. Though with an ever increasing group of allies/staff, they may just pull off their dream yet.Can be read here.
Choujin Gakuen provides examples of the following tropes:
- All-Ghouls School
- All-Loving Hero: Adam is this to a fault, since his love of everyone causes him to have difficulty thinking about himself and being able to use his darkness power at will.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Many of the main cast.
- Artifact of Doom: The aptly named Living Artifact of Mass Destruction.
- Born Lucky: Subverted with Adam. What's believed at first to be luck that lets him survive all the danger he attracts is instead the doing of the darkness that follows and protects him. Adam finding this out lets him use the darkness at will to power up.
- Casting a Shadow: Adam's power is this literally. His shadow is an entity known as "The Darkness" that can fuse with him and grant him incredible powers at night. This includes super strength and speed, the ability to nullify any attack made with non-white objects, regeneration, and the ability to obliterate anything not white with a wave of darkness.
- Chick Magnet: Adam is absolutely this, having already charmed several female characters almost immediately after meeting them.
- Turned up even further when later Oska's older brother takes a liking to him, despite his insistence that it's "not like that".
- The Committee chairman, Eve, is this and a dude magnet due to her temptation ability.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Adam, a bit of an airhead but very insightful and can defend himself. Just not as powerful as his comrades.
- Cute Bruiser / Pintsized Powerhouse: Oska, Hachi
- Cute Monster Girl: Oska
- Death Seeker: This was Adam's motive at the start due to constantly being on the run from monster hunters and not wanting to put his new friend Oska in danger. She talks him out of it.
- Fantastic Racism: Most of the humans seen, though a few do change their tune.
- A Glass of Chianti: When the committee chairman is revealed, even though the heroes don't meet her yet, Adam correctly guesses from her tone she's holding one.
- Heel-Face Turn: Yamada
- Neat Freak: Yamada
- Power of Friendship: Lucifer provides a dark example of this while beating Oska, telling her about how painful it was for him to go hundreds of years with his friends slowly dying off and entrusting their goals to him. It becomes a sore point for him to hear Oska and the others talking about how they'll succeed at stopping him as friends.
- Really 700 Years Old: Oska who is at least 300 years old but doesn't look like she's more then 12.
- Spoiled Brat: The Chairman.
- Start My Own
- Talking Animal: Hachi, who is a talking dog.
- There end up being several more, due to Hachi being part of an experiment to create animal soldiers.
- Van Helsing Hate Crime: It is said monsters hide in the shadows from humans who do this to keep them in check. This however extends to those that are friendly. So once word that someone was trying to make a school for the supernatural hit, the warning bells went up.
- Though later chapters imply that disaster should happen if monsters band together and that they are trying to prevent it. Still these hunters are portrayed as douches and seem to take pleasure in trying to kill them.
- World Tree: One of these is shown at the base for the World's Strongest committee that connects to Hell. It's later revealed by Lucifer that this tree grows by eating souls (the older the souls, the more it grows), and his plan was to get it to grow large enough to bring demons to the surface and take over the world.