Manga / Chintsubu
The short version: It's that manga with the talking penises
The long version: Chintsubu
(short for Chinko no Tsubuyaki
, meaning "The Mutterings of the Penises") is a manga about high school boys who have their penises magically switched with one another. At the same time as the switch, the penises becoming talking, sentient (and sometimes wearing glasses or costumes) things that reflect the personality and secret desires of their true owners.
Being forced to care for each others' penises and to learn the secrets of other high school boys, the members of the penis secret club grow closer and closer to each other. Also, it leads to lots and lots of puns
This show provides examples of:
- Anything That Moves: Kamiya has a reputation for being promiscuous with both genders.
- Art Evolution: Particularly the style in which the talking penises are drawn.
- Bishōnen: Everybody.
- Boys Love Genre: Underneath all the wacky penis hijinks, the series is pretty much this.
- Cast Full of Gay: The four main guys.
- The Chikan: Ayase has to deal with one in the second chapter.
- Cosplay: Cosplaying penises!
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Horny teenage boys + sentient talking penises = some of the funniest masturbation scenes you will ever read.
- Defrosting Ice King: Iwabuchi
- Did You Just Have Sex?: In one of the doujinshi chapters, Ayase and Toride correctly guess that Iwabuchi and Kamiya had hooked up (or at least had more meaningful sex than usual) the night prior. Kamiya blushingly denies it, which just makes the other boys more certain that it happened.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: In one chapter, Toride-penis gets horny and wants Ayase to jerk him off, but Ayase is busy studying, so Toride-penis gets fed up and starts rubbing himself against Ayase's pants, much to Ayase's dismay. The conversation at the next penis meeting makes it sounds like they're discussing a more typical Seme/Uke sex scene:
"You forced him? That's just low."
"I'm sorry, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't control myself."
- Fate Worse Than Death: For the penises, it's wearing a condom.
- Fragile Flower: Kamiya's penis cries a lot.
- Get a Room!: Kamiya shouts this at Ayase and Toride, made especially funny since they're inhabiting the same body.
- Implausible Hair Color: Subverted when we find out that Kamiya dyes his hair blond.
- In Vino Veritas: In the extra chapters, Kamiya got Iwabuchi-penis completely hammered. Though, instead of being Played for Laughs, it scared Kamiya-penis and angered Iwabuchi.
- Inelegant Blubbering: Kamiya-penis spends a lot of time crying. The Fridge Logic of this even gets lampshaded by Kamiya himself: "I don't even want to think about what you're leaking."
- Jizzed in My Pants: Happens to Iwabuchi because he really was that happy to see Kamiya.
- Moe Anthropomorphism: Adorable talking penises!
- Official Couple: Ayase and Toride. Well, sort of — they confess their love for each other in the first chapter and spend most of the series as a couple, in spite of Toride's soul being stuck inside Ayase's penis. Heck, they even manage to have very odd sex.
- Raging Stiffie: Ayase has an erection and some bystanders think he's got morning wood, but it's actually just Toride being excited to get to school.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Seme: Toride and Iwabuchi, though Toride's an odd case since he's stuck in the form of a penis.
- Shipper on Deck: Kamiya-penis ends up shipping Kamiya/Iwabuchi.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Toride and Ayase are the main couple, but they quickly are overshadowed by Iwabuchi and Kamiya. Something that is lampshaded by the mangaka.
- Stoic Spectacles: Iwabuchi. His penis also qualifies.
- Uke: Ayase and Kamiya, the latter being so girly that he calls his penis "girly" and his penis cries a lot.
- Widget Series: The author's notes indicate that she is fully aware of how bizarre her creation is, and she's surprised it sold as well as it did, enough to get a drama CD.
- Will They or Won't They?: Kamiya and Iwabuchi.