Manga: Chibi Devi
Chibi☆Devi! is a shojo manga about Honoka Sawada, a teenage girl with a miserable life. She lost her parents at a young age, her aunt is never home, and the other girls at school bully her. She can't even visit her only friend Kyou because his friend Shin scares her. But her life changes when two demons decide to send their baby to her home. Now she must take care of the demon baby with the help of Shin and the staff of a bizarre daycare center.
Chibi☆Devi! provides examples of:
- Adaptation Distillation: The anime is rather short, being 5 minutes. The manga has a full-blown story while being greatly reduced with its 5 minute run in the anime.
- Afraid of Needles: Shin of all people. Then Mao and Karin rebelled after seeing Rai get his shot. And it takes Shin to convince the babies to get theirs despite being scared shitless.
- Badass Adorable: Mao-chan and every other demonic baby in the series.
- Berserk Button: DO NOT hurt or harm a demon baby's surrogate mother. They. Will. Kill. You. Plus see Disproportionate Retribution below.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Honoka actually showed signs of anger in episode 34 when Mao has his Button Mashing phase. Which is unusual given her nature. If only she does this to her Alpha Bitch bullies.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Honoka's feelings toward Shin. Mao-chan however...
- Clothes Make The Demon Baby: Mao-chan can breath fire when he's wearing his dinosaur costume. The other babies have their own powers with their costumes as well.
- Fragile Flower: Honoka
- The Gadfly: Rai-chan of all kids is this. It can actually be put to his advantage as he manages to have the sadistic storyteller to jump on his leg just so the kids can hear the rest of the story.
- Infant Immortality: Mao-chan
- Innocent Cohabitation: As of the end of chapter five.
- Iron Butt Monkey: The principal is constantly set on fire, electrocuted, and frozen, but never takes long to recover.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Shin
- Lucky Charms Title
- Muggle Foster Parents
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Mao-chan accidentally reveals that Honoka likes Shin. But since he's a small child, he doesn't know better since he's innocent.
- No Social Skills: Well, it's not her fault by any means. Honoka just really isn't brave enough to be friends with other people due to her Shrinking Violet nature, even with adult women. She does gain a considerable amount of friends and help.
- Not So Stoic: The Daycare Nurse of all people in episode 33.
- Not What It Looks Like: Chapter 7. Oh boy. When Honoka's aunt comes home, she sees Honoka, Shin, and Mao-chan in the same room. Making her assume she had a Teen Pregnancy.
- Our Demons Are Different
- Parental Abandonment: Honoka's parents are dead.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Pepe is some sort of bipedal dog squirrel thing.
- Shrinking Violet: Honoka, and how.