- Echoing Silence
- This Guy 481 REJECTOMUNDO
- All Hail Thrall
- Nitrous Thunder
- Newbie wizard. Good.
- Have not poked.
- Edwards Senpai
- Undying Phoenix
- Batman. Ok.
- Have not poked.
- Heroic Sociopath
- Had plans on reformed villain firebender.
- Have not poked.
- The game will a newly established team of heroes, forged in fires of a disastrous incident that ballooned city's population of supers and their work to prove themselves and clean the city up.
- Rather than pure freeform, I'll be running it using Mutants & Masterminds (third edition). I'll basically deal with the system bits for you (unless you want to learn it for yourself); and really after character generation and establishing just what exactly skills/powers/gadgets do they have the whole thing runs very simply.
The settingAh, the world of superheroes. It is not a type in which superpowers didn't exist at all and then suddenly happened, no - this world had a long and ancient history of abnormality. There were ancient aliens uplifting people, gateways to other worlds, civilizations both magical and technological, wars between Atlantis and Serpent People; and remnants and echoes of the past still appear today. You name it, they have it in some form. Just look at the shout-outs list there.
Although the general global history shaped up mostly the same and the prevalence of super- elements varied through the ages. In modern times, Freedom City was a notorious hub of superhero activity, while on the opposite coast, Emerald City remained eerily devoid of grandstanding cape activity. Sure there were a few, but nowhere near the crowd. That is, until the game begins [tongue]
Characters signups:No need to hurry to write it up in full upfront, you can open up with a basic idea and we'll hash it out together
- Name: including civilian and hero identities or whatever else aliases you'll have
- Personality: how does your character act?
- Description: what do they look like? Again, both civvies and cape business suit.
- Backstory: again, the obvious, but some things to consider here are
- Did they already have their exceptional skills and what else before the start or will you be going through the Mass Empowering Event in the start of the game? In the latter case you still need the name and costume and so on, it'll just be the stuff that you In Character get a little later. Also if they already had the stuff: did they do superheroics publically, or were they hiding their capabilities, or were they doing some under the radar street-level crimefighting?
- Powers, skills, gear: that's what you want to have, in generally described sense. Then we'll hash out the stats for it.
The power level is pretty solid here - if you have a character with "average" attack strength for the PL, it will be as strong as a rocket launcher or a tank's cannon (but still nonlethal at will because comicbooks). Consequently, you will also be tough enough to endure getting shot with it - you will need to get hit twice with the worst luck on the dice for your resistance check to be taken down.
Going lower on the attack and toughness allows your hits to be more precise instead and yourself to be more focused on avoiding getting hit in the first place.
In other areas, such as intelligence, the characters can also easily reach superhuman scales and similarly impressive feats. I'm going to post some example characters for demonstration and set up a chatroom for more on the fly discussion a little bit later on. hiding the old stuff note
Tropers that apply to Adannor
Here be vandalism
- You cannot defeat Adannor in 1000 Blank White Cards. He is simply the best there is. - Noaqiyeum
- This is WAY too unsoiled for me to not be here. On the other hand, this is vandalizing pure vandalism, so maybe not. Everyone needs at least four vandalisms, though. -Aramil
- VADNALSIM - Angry Scientist
- So, who WOULD win that match of crazier than you between your Avatar and mine? -Nightraid
- I laugh in the face of danger! AH HA HA HA HA HA! -desdendelle
- ^ I thought that was a Lion King quote. :<
- Forgot to sign that. Sorry. Also, hey, Porn Guy! -Artemis92
- A star for you for playing Corruption of Champions :). Please pm me back -SabrinaDiamond
- High five to you too! -Cassie
- Hiii! *Glomps.* ~deathpigeon
- When I speak the truth, I will use red. Everything I speak in red is the truth (place Beatroll face here) - Classifiedzerogoki
- Morgi used VANDALISM. It's super effective! ~Morgikit
- As a fellow 1KBWC champion, I simply must see the display of these alleged skills.^.^
- A wild Indigo12ash appeared! What do you do?
- If someone marries wifes who are twins your signature quote is invalid XD ~CaptainKatsura
- Congratulations, I have graced this page with my presence ~ That One Guy Named X
- Nice page you've got here. It'd be a shame if someone...vandalized it. - Randomman5
- Vandalism, huh? Well let's see if there's anything I can do about it to make it even more vandalized... - Alrune