open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Subverted in Sailor Moon: the Crown Game Arcade had this function, but at the time, and especially the start of the series (early nineties) and the time Minako worked alone, Japanese arcades were places for lone boys with little life, to the point that Minako was harassed by an otaku who, after she beat his high score, was convinced she was a boy in a drag (she kicked him to the curb).
Live Action TV
- V-World from Caprica is a non-wholesome version.
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers had Ernie's Gym and Juice Bar. It had other prominent features, such as an arcade and outdoor cafe, and held just about every school or community activity within its walls. They even brought one into the Cowboy Episode with Ernest's Juice Saloon.
- Power Rangers Zeo introduced a beach club, which was shown alongside the Juice Bar, and featured live music.
- And once the remainder of the original teens were kicked off the show, the Juice Bar was soon replaced by The Surf Spot, which was basically the same hangout minus the gym.
- Power Rangers Dino Thunder had Hayley's Cyberspace cafe.
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch had The Slicery before ditching it for a coffee shop in the fourth season.
- The Max from Saved by the Bell.
- The Hub from That '70s Show.
- Byker Grove was set in and around a fairly realistic version Oop North in Newcastle.
- Parodied in the South Park episode "Asspen".