You Can Verb My Noun Any Day
Baby, you can describe my trope any day. Seriously though, the standard form of a semi-cliché pickup line/Double Entendre. Related to Lampshaded Double Entendre and Is That What They're Calling It Now?. Compare its more annoyed cousin, I Will Show You X.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Used from Brock in an episode of the Pokémon dub about Giselle: "She can violate my rights any time." Noticeably Giselle can't be any older than eleven while Brock is fifteen.
Films — Live-Action
- Special Ops Force: The heroes are posing as firefighters, and a guy says to Margot, "You can light my fire any time."
- Quest for Glory V has a rather odd female Gnome who runs the inn and makes some...strange comments about the male hero. In the Quest For Glory universe, it's a rule that Gnomes always speak in Incredibly Lame Puns.
Gnome Anne: Heellllo, sailor. My, fancy you sailing into my port! You can shiver my timbers any day. I'm Anne, Gnome Anne, and this is my Land Inn. Set anchor, dreamboat, and let me batten your hatches!
- Two mooks discussing Dr. Penelope Young in Batman: Arkham Asylum use "She can operate on me anytime!"
- In an early episode of X-Men, after being reminded of the dangers of touching Rogue, Gambit smoothly replies to her, "You can drain my energy any day, chere."
- The Spectacular Spider-Man: In "The Uncertainty Principle", Liz says to Peter (who is "dressed as Spider-Man" for Halloween) that he can web her up anytime.
- Young Justice: When Megan turns into a hot zombie dressed in white.
Wally: Wow, babe. You can eat my brain anytime.