, 2010 comedy and romance directed by Andy Fickman and staring Kristen Bell
, Odette Yustman
(she hadn't changed her last name to Annable then), Sigourney Weaver
, Jamie Lee Curtis
, Betty White
, and Victor Garber.
When former high school loser Marci Olsen realizes her brother is about to marry her high school rival Joanna, she sets out to expose the fiancée's true colours. Things get out of hand when it turns out that her mom Gail and the bride's aunt Ramona are in a similar situation.
In need of some Wiki Magic
This work contains the following tropes
- Alpha Bitch: Joanna formerly.
- The Bride With A Past: Marni realizes her brother is about to marry the Alpha Bitch who made her life miserable in high school.
- The Cameo: Dwayne Johnson, uncredited, as the Air Marshal on Marni's plane; and Cloris Leachman (also uncredited) as Helen. And, of course, Hall And Oates perform at the end.
- The Cheerleader: Joanna and Gail were this in high school.
- Cool Aunt: Ramona to Joanna.
- Creator Killer: This was the last production of Touchstone Pictures before they became a distribution-only label. Though this film was probably not the only factor in ending production under that label, the film's box office failure certainly didn't help change Disney's mind.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The scene in the kitchen after the wedding is ruined, until revealed to be otherwise, is shot to make the audience feel like the ex-bride-to-be is about to commit suicide after the wedding is ruined.
- Fun with Acronyms: Marci Oliva Olsen. M.O.O.
- Generation Xerox: Played with. Marni was a dork in school and Joanna was the Alpha Bitch. While the same situation applies to Gail and Ramona, it was Gail who was the popular one and Ramona always left in the dust. For Grandma Bunny, see Here We Go Again.
- Here We Go Again: Grandma Bunny turns out to be an old rival of Joanna's grandma Helen.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Veronica Mars has a grudge against Jessica Adams, who was about to marry her brother. Laurie Strode is married to Jack Bristow and she used to be friends with Ripley. Rose Nylund is the laid-back grandmother.
- Meganekko: Marni initially.
- Reformed but Rejected: Joanna, though she re-Took a Level in Jerkass partway through the movie.
- Rule of Pool: The conflict between Gail and Ramona started when the latter pushed the former to a pool during prom. They reconstructed their friendship after falling to the pool after their catfight.
- Teens Are Monsters
- The Bride With A Past: Joanna.
- Title Drop: Played for Laughs
- Took a Level in Kindness: Joanna, though it takes Marni the entire movie to realize it.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Marni does some low things trying to get back at Joanna, and Joanna herself regresses to her former Alpha Bitch personality partway through the movie.
- We Used to Be Friends: Gail and Ramona. They got better.