aka: Everythings Worse With Wolves
You know who doesn’t go through a bunch of agonized self-reflection, ever? Wolves! Wolves feel really quite good about themselves and their totally rad ability to form an awesome, bad-ass pack and just straight up eat a whole moose.This index is for tropes having to do with wolves and wolf-like creatures such as werewolves. See also Werebeast Tropes. Despite their names, Wolfpack Boss, Throw 'Em to the Wolves and Papa Wolf have little do with wolves. Wolves are just one of the creatures that might foster a human child under the Raised by Wolves tropes. They're also sometimes used metaphorically for danger or evil, as in A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing or Flock of Wolves.
- The Big Bad Wolf: Characters based on the Big, Bad Wolf from Red Riding Hood and/or The Three Little Pigs.
- Fur Against Fang: Werewolves and Vampires are antagonistic to each other by nature.
- Howling to the Night: Wolves howl at sunset or at night to set an atmosphere of danger.
- Noble Wolf: Wolves as proud, noble, dignified, intelligent and usually reasonable.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Playing with the basic concept of the werewolf.
- Savage Wolves: Wolves as nasty, savage, rapacious predators; if intelligent, may be sadistic and cruel, as well.
- Werewolf Theme Naming: Characters that are werewolves have a name that indicates that fact.
- Wolves Always Howl at the Moon: Exactly What It Says on the Tin.
- Wolf Man: Werewolves or Beast Men who are more human-like than wolf-life in their non-human form.