WingerDinger logo, with sprite versions of the group.
WingerDinger Productions was a group of video makers consisting mostly of former Youtube members who got false DMCAs and left formed more or less by Hellsing920
(or Emer, if you prefer). Like That Guy with the Glasses
, arguably speaking
, they provided the standard garden variety of videos consisting of reviews, rants, commentaries, you name it. And they also had an ongoing webcomic series illustrated by RandomDCE
After a few months, the website was hacked. Since then, most of the contributors have moved on with their lives with few continuing to use the WingerDinger name in their videos.
WingerDinger Productions provides examples of:
- Animation Age Ghetto: The title of ConManCody's review series "2 Old 4 Cartoons" is an obvious reference to this.
- Badass Adorable: StuMakiRyka. You wouldn't want to get her on her bad side.
StuMakiRyka: "I'm the 'bubbly, hyper, innocent, adorable, slightly-psychotic' one. I really enjoy making friends and having a good time, but if you really TRULY piss me off, I will not hesitate to rip open your stomach, pull out your intestines, and play jump rope with them. I absolutely love anything adorable and fuzzy. I'm very giggly, and I adore muffins, lemonade, ice cream, and pierogies."
- Berserk Button: Lots and lots of stuff, including (but not limited to) social normality, lackluster celebrities/franchises/etc. that are overhyped, Fan Dumb, Hate Dumb, repeated usage of the same game concepts over and over (Nintendo, among others, is the usual target), and Moral Guardians.
- Don't mention the Sega 32X around TheCinematicGamer.
- BFG: Tarosan's Cannon of Chaos.
- British Teeth: Inverted with DarkDrifter, as said by LillyLivers.
- Butt Monkey: Tarosan. Everyone loves to make fun of him, especially his friends.
- Catch Phrase: Tarosan: "FUCK YOU! FIRE THE CANNON!"
- Hellsing920: "Until next time, take care, and I will see you all in the near future. [salutes camera] Peace."
- RandomDCE: "Good night, and Good luck."
- LillyLivers: "Hello my loyal fans and subscribers, it is I, Lillylivers..."
- TheCinematicGamer: "This has been the Glory of the Grapes, graping your mind with glory! SEE YA!"
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Vazul.
- JKTIM to a lesser extent.
- Deadpan Snarker: RandomDCE
- Actually, pretty much the whole gang qualifies.
- Don't Explain the Joke: TheCinematicGamer is a living example of this.
- Dramatic Reading: BigHairyMarty's "Storytime With Martin" series is him reading children's books that are a little less than normal.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: DCE is a total nerd for comics and video games. Anime, on the other hand, is something he doesn't think too highly of.
- Fun Personified: LillyLivers seemed to have more fun than most of the other mods on the site.
- Gasshole: RandomDCE tends to burp in his videos from time to time, even when he's in character.
- Though this keeps in character with Braface.
- Gratuitous German: Again, Vazul.
- Large Ham: The MIGHTY TAROSAN!!!!
- Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair: Lillylivers and RandomDCE, but more for the latter. I mean, DCE had made over 600+ videos over the course of 2 years, only to have it deleted by some Jerkass in a matter of minutes.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Applies to all the mods and admins except VeryWeirdGirly (though it has been said that she has a lovely voice by the older forum members.)
- Nice Hat: DCE and Vazul.
- Nostalgia Filter: Used in various occasions, especially in rants regarding modern film updates of classic TV shows (usually cartoons from the 1980s).
- Pixel Art Comic: Exactly what the site's Web Comic is.
- The "covers" to each episode of "The Longbox Chronicles" count as this as well.
- Reincarnation: RandomDCE's avatar character, The-DCE, has gone through so many design changes that it's not even funny◊.
- Power Trio: TheCinematicGamer's Glory of the Grapes podcast has this:
- TheCinematicGamer (Id)
- PrimatePunk (Ego)
- GuardianEarth (Superego)
- Rant Inducing Slight: During DCE's and Lily's ERC on the Sonic in Sydney Event, what makes Lily start ranting was Sally being called a marsupial.
- Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic: Hellsing's stutter causes him to stumble a lot when he speaks.
- Stalker with a Crush: Played for Laughs with JKTIM who has an unhealthy obsession with He11sing920.
- Take That: "Vazul and Friends Watch Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" was pretty much a snipe at the whiney Generation 1 purists who spend the entire movie complaining and nitpicking.
- Too Soon: Demotivational posters (made by Hellsing) about Dennis Hopper◊ and Gary Coleman◊ within a day of each of their deaths was seen as either this or Crosses the Line Twice by the members of the forum.
- Very Special Episode: An episode of "The Longbox Chronicles" took a look at two "Very Special" Batman comics (Batman: Secuction of the Gun, and Batman: The Death of Innocents).
- Your Mom: A usual insult of TheCinematicGamer. Seems to barely use it as of late, though.