Jimmy: What's the matter?
Carl: It's Sheen. He's acting really weird!
Jimmy: Yeah, Carl, where have you been for the past ten years?
Carl: No, I mean REALLY weird! He's not Sheen.
- How to Train Your Dragon: Astrid says to Hiccup something along the lines of "You're acting strange ...well, stranger."
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry: Professor Dumbledore - yesterday, when I was having my Divination exam, Professor Trelawney went very - very strange.Dumbledore: Indeed? Er - stranger than usual, you mean?
- The Dresden Files. Towards the end of Small Favor, Harry Dresden is having an argument with Michael, who suspects that Harry may not be wholly in control of his own decisions.
"That's... possible," I admitted. "Anybody's head can be messed with. But if you go rewiring someone's brain, it damages them, badly. (...) If you know the person well enough, there are almost always signs. They act differently. Have I been acting differently? Have I suddenly gone crazy on you?" He arched an eyebrow. "More so than usual," I amended.
- Used a few times about wizards on Discworld. For example, in The Truth, someone says that "Wizards doing strange things wasn't news. Wizards doing strange things was wizards."
- In a very early episode of I Love Lucy, Ricky is worried because Lucy's acting crazy (she thinks he's trying to murder her). To which Fred responds, "Crazy for Lucy or crazy for normal people?"
- On an episode of The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon and Amy terminate their friendship, and he tries to hide his loneliness by adopting first one cat, then several more. Leonard tries to express his concern to Raj and Howard, who at first don't understand the problem when he says he's worried about Sheldon. Howard notes that they are always worried about Sheldon, whom they described in an earlier episode as being "one lab accident away from a supervillain." After interacting with him and the first cat, Dr. Robert Oppenheimer, they have a better grasp of the situation.
Howard: Okay, I get it. We're worried about Sheldon.
- In Mork and Mindy, Orkan birthdays lead to temporary insanity among other symptoms. Orson warns Mork that he will become weird, "or... weirder."
- In the Supernatural episode "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part One" (S02, Ep21), Jake says that learning about his super powers while serving in Afghanistan was "just too crazy". Sam replies, "Crazy is relative." Jake realizing they are in a ghost town preparing to fight a demon says, "I'm starting to get that."
- Used in the South Park N64 game. Chef tells the kids that Big Gay Al has been acting strange, and they're indifferent. "Okay, stranger than usual."
- Appears in "Fuzzy-Wuzzy Is My Head" from Little Worlds, when Derby gestures to a tooth that isn't missing as evidence that he's hurt. Lev tells him that he probably broke his head. More.
- There was a Loading Ready Run video where Paul denied having a family of tiny people living under his hat. Graham asked Matt if he seemed odd. Matt said he wasn't odder than normal.
- The Strong Bad Email virus has a variant on this:
Strong Sad: "Have you been using the Internet irresponsibly?"Strong Bad: "No more irresponsibly than usual!"
Strong Bad: "After being exposed to my control Cheat, subject started acting way creepier than normal...like, even for Strong Sad."
- And in caffeine:
- Ben 10 episode "Last Laugh"
Gwen Tennyson: Ever since we decided to go to the circus, you've been acting weirder than normal. What are you scared of?
Ben Tennyson: I'm not scared of anything.
- On an episode of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Sheen is caught under a weird spell. Carl runs to Jimmy to panic about Sheen "acting weird". Jimmy isn't concerned because Sheen is always acting weird. Carl then elaborates, "weirder than usual."
- Happens a few times on Invader Zim. One example, from the Halloween Episode :
Female Student: Dib's acting even crazier than usual today. Can we use one of our Crazy Cards to send him to the Crazy House for Boys?
Gaz: You've been acting weird all day! Even weirder than usual!
- In "Future Dib":
- A variation in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Feeling Pinkie Keen", when Spike notices Pinkie Pie acting strangely, Twilight gives the standard response of "She's just being Pinkie Pie". Spike watches her for a moment and notes that she's being " Super-extra Pinkie Pie today."