Starting from the lower right ascending: Lulu, Julius Fortner, Noel Valmore, Alvaro Garay, Bila asad ithan Faranbald, Est Rinaudo, Lagi el NagilWand of Fortune
is an Otome Game
series by Idea Factory (Otomate) that takes place in a medieval fantasy city called Latium. The story centers around a cheerful 15-year-old girl (default name Lulu, but you can decide to change it at the start of the game
who travels to Latium in order to study at Mirus Clare (taken from Latin: mirus
means "wonderful," and clare
can either mean "bright" or "famous"), a renowned school of magic. However, when the two School Presidents Ivan and Vania
administer her the test to determine her element
, they discover that she doesn't have one. Seeing her crestfallen they explain to her that she could acquire one through interactions with others—others being, of course (this is an otome game, afterall) six Bishounen, each of whom belongs to a different element.
Provides examples of:
- Absent-Minded Professor: Julius, except that he's not a professor. He forgets completely about the protagonist until they meet for the third time. He has been also known to walk straight into walls while ranting to himself about magic theory.
- Colour Coded Characters: All the characters have different hair/eye colors, though only Lagi's and Est's (and arguably Alvaro's) actually pertain to their respective elements.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Deadpan Snarker: Est. The developers must've.
- Emotional Maturity Is Physical Maturity: Averted with Ivan, who acts his age (over 200) though he has the appearance of a child, but played straight with his (younger) twin sister, who looks about 30 and behaves that way.
- For the Evulz: Alvaro Garay. Why is he making Lulu suffer? Because he likes it. Lulu eventually returns the favor.
- He-Man Woman Hater: Justified in the case of Lagi, who is half dragon and will transform (for unknown reasons) into a rather small red dragon if he touches a female.