For some reason, some girls seem to walk around in a swimsuit only for Fanservice
, which may be justified
because they work at a swimming pool or at the beach.
These girls don't have to wear only a swimsuit; they can still wear other clothing as long as we see that there is a swimsuit underneath. For example, Misty of Pokémon Gold and Silver
wears a jacket and sandals, but we can see that she's wearing a swimsuit underneath.
Compare Leotard of Power
, Walking Shirtless Scene
(though it can cross for guys), Underwear of Power
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Yukimura Sanada from Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls wears a White School Swimsuit under her clothes. It's MUCH more apparent on her Master Samurai form.
- One Piece
- Franky is a male example. Being a cyborg, it doesn't matter if he's Exposed to the Elements.
- Kiwi of the Square Sisters and some of the Kuja, like Sandersonia and Daisy, are straight examples.
- Post-time skip, Nami runs around in nothing but a bikini top and low-rider jeans.
- Kenko Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho revolves around the wacky antics of a swimming club, so the cast is wearing School Swimsuits most of the time. Amuro even wears a swimsuit under her school uniform so she can take a swim at any time — when she's wearing anything at all, that is.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann has Yoko.
- Sayaka Yumi spends her day in Mazinkaiser's 4th OVA in a swimsuit not only on the beach, but an enemy's base because she's, well, kidnapped.
- Edolas Bisca from Fairy Tail.
- Cana is usually in a bikini with pants and an occasional jacket.
- Lucy and Erza too, during the Tenrou Island arc.
- Strike Witches has Yoshika, Mio, and Junko, all of whom wear School Swimsuits underneath their uniform tops. And no pants.
- Medaka Box has Kikaijima Mogana, which makes sense because she's on the swim team. However, it's more of a security issue than it is one of practicality.
- As a member of the Swimming Club, Shirley from Code Geass gets a few of these in her School Swimsuit.
- OK, it's not a swimsuit in the traditional sense, but Wonder Woman has to count. And Wonder Woman's swimsuit showed much less flesh than her normal costume.
- Tigra of The Avengers is a Cat Girl (though of the "covered in fur" type, not the "human with cat ears and tail" type) superheroine whose "costume" is a black bikini, sometimes with toothlike trim or a tiger-head amulet as a clasp in front.
- Namor wears a black bodysuit on the rare occasion when he feels an ounce of humility, but he's mostly known for going around in nothing but a green speedo. Somewhat justified by the fact that he spends most of his time underwater, but mitigated by the fact that (1) he wears it on land too, even in frigid climates — in fact, until the 90s or so, it was the only thing he ever wore, and (2) the vast majority of his fellow Atlanteans cover up quite a bit more.
- Namor's two distaff counterparts, Namora and Namorita, fight crime in a black one-piece and a green one-piece or bikini, respectively. When Namorita changed her name to Kymera (and her skin to blue) she adopted an odd bikini/netting/seashell ensemble◊.
Films — Live-Action
- Many Fanservice Extras in the James Bond films. (Commonly included in any list of "Bond Girls", but Bond Girl refers to characters with actual personalities and prominent role in the movie.)
- In Local Hero, Marina, a marine biologist, wears a black one-piece under her lab coat at a facility — justified as she has to do some equipment maintenance at the bottom of a large water tank. The visitors are quite distracted .
- The Bikini Car Wash Company
- The female characters in Into The Blue.
- Both the male and female cheerleaders wear swimsuits during a car wash fundraiser in the first Bring It On.
- Just Go With It does this with Brooklyn Decker. Watch it here.
- Every female character on Baywatch, ever. Justified for being Lifeguard and all.
- Miss America pageants.
- Every lead female character on Saved By The Bell ends up doing one of these at least once.
- Heather Thomas in the first episode of The Fall Guy — and then repeated in the opening credits of every single episode thereafter, for obvious reasons.
- Blue Water High is set in a surf school, so the main cast spends much of the series in swimsuits.
- Lila Archer in the Criminal Minds episode "Somebody's Watching", where she does this twice. The first time it's on the set of her TV series, "Emotional Cages", which is a drama about beach volleyball (the premise being picked obviously as an excuse for Archer to walk around in a bikini, just so Reid knows how attractive is the girl that's interested in him). The second time is when Reid is assigned to defend her at her house, where she decides to make a move on Reid, taking off her robe to go for a swim in a black bikini and pulling Reid into the pool and making out with him.
- Felicia from Darkstalkers technically counts as she walks around in naught but a Fur Bikini, and a real one would have covered her more.
- Misty from Pokémon Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver and their remakes. An odd case, since she just wore swimsuits prior to the Timeskip. Possibly because an eleven-year-old walking around in a swimsuit is more innocent than a teenager doing so.
- Marlon from Black 2 and White 2 is a male example,also Mr.Fanservice.
- The player characters of Black 2 and White 2 are visibly wearing swimsuits under their clothes. Nate is wearing a wetsuit, and Rosa is wearing wetsuit bottoms with a halter-style bikini top.
- Arcana Heart
- Kira Daidouji, because she fights waist-deep in a blob of water.
- Her rival, Catherine Kyohbashi for no reason whatsoever.
- Rikku from Final Fantasy X2 wears a bikini with a miniskirt and a scarf over it as her default outfit.
- A Non-Fanservice one, In My Sims Agents, Clara Belle, Taylor, Summer and Luke wear some Beach-Wear (though Summer is an Lifeguard).
- Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
- Justified with Trauare Wrede in Rosenkreuzstilette. Due to her status as the game's Water-element boss, she wears an open jacket over her swimsuit, and, well... not much else. It's as hot as it sounds.
- Rumble Roses the girls have scenes of them in swimsuits, and they also wrestle in them in mud wrestling.