"Shut up, asshole! You are made of sperm!."
A Mexican webtoon animated in Flash and created by independent American-based animator Roberto "Darkar" Alatriz. Apparently it is one of the most lucrative YouTube
cartoons of Mexico with over 130 million views and more than 3 million followers.
The story is a Slice of Life
that revolves around Darkar
, an impulsive, immature and rude teenager who lacks any sense of responsability or respect. Together with his Vitriolic Best Bud Mecoboy
, a mysterious being made of jizz, he faces nosense situations that often end with an Aesop Amnesia
or a trademark Preemptive "Shut Up"
The miniseries can be found on the VeteALaVersha Youtube channel
Provides Examples of:
- Adorkable: Darkar has his moments.
- All Men Are Perverts
- All There in the Manual: The official webpage contains information and names of the secondary characters, but most of the information about them has no sense at all and it is Played for Laughs.
- All of the Other Reindeer: It is implied in several episodes that Darkar is this for everyone, but he simply does not notice or does not care.
- Amusing Injuries: Tends to be a Running Gag with Mecoboy.
- And recently, Darkar is falling into this trope.
- Anime Hair: Darkar.
- Anything That Moves: Darkar's Gramps.
- Apologises a Lot: The Crying Girl, when around Darkar.
- Atomic F-Bomb: In "The Legend Of Melda"
Darkar: What the shit cunt fucking FUCK?! How the FUCK do you pretend that I beat a stupid 820 feet dragon with a wooden sword?!
- Author Appeal: The various videogame references.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Mecoboy accuses Darkar of being this.
- Black Comedy Rape: Poor, poor Jorge the penguin.
- Bland-Name Product: Lots of them: Nimadres, Nalgonalds, Puchamon, Marochan, The Legend of Melda and Super Mauricio Bros.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Darkar is likely smarter and more perceptive than even Mecoboy, but he has no real ambition or long-term plans; on the rare occasion he does act it's usually For the Lulz.
- Butt Monkey: Poor Mecoboy…And the Crying Girl to a lesser degree, though just about every character in the series (even Karma Houdini Darkar) draws the short stick every now and then...
- The new season seems to enfocus Darkar as the new Chew Toy.
- Catch Phrase: Jorge the penguin everytime he is molested by Luis: "I'm not female!"
- Children Are Innocent: Played straight with the Crying Girl, Senovio and Luperdo.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Mecoboy tries to be this for Darkar, with varying degrees.
- Cluster F-Bomb: A good portion of the narrative.
- Actually the focus of an entire story. Darkar walks in the street calling bitch at random people just For the Lulz, until he encounters the Crying Girl, who is sad and depressed because she lost Snowball. Just when it looks like he is about to console her, he calls her a bitch and walks away.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Darkar and Mecoboy.
- Creator's Pet: Darkar. He appears in all the works of the author. Justified, since Darkar is an Author Avatar (Roberto Alatriz's nickname is Darkar).
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Though Darkar's usually a silly and upbeat person, you do NOT want to make him angry, at least according to the Crying Gir in the "Goldilocks" episode.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: The Crying Girl.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mecoboy.
- Dragged into Drag: Poor Jorge the penguin is forced to cosplay as Princess Jasmine from Aladdin in the episode "A Whole New World"
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Jorge the penguin, so much that he is frequently molested by fellow penguin Luis, who mistakes him for a female. Even after Jorge's multiple attempts to convince him, Luis either does not listen or does not care.
- Expecting Someone Taller: When Darkar (roleplaying as Link) lands in the castle attempting to save Princess Melda, she says flatly that she was expecting for a "handsome blue-eyed blonde" not a "worthless yellow brat".
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Darkar and Mecoboy.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Darkar, when singing in the shower in “Velleza” and when ignoring Mecoboy in “Nalgonalds”. Subverted, as in the episodes in which he sings in acoustic, he is a decent singer.
- Hot-Blooded: Darkar.
- I Ate What?: Mecoboy and his reaction when Darkar tells him that his dick smells like the Marochan (Shout-Out to Maruchan) Mecoboy is eating.
- It Amused Me: Darkar's motivation for almost everything.
- Jerkass: Darkar.
- Hell, his Gramps takes this trope Up to Eleven! He burns Darkar with some hot tea and makes Mecoboy explode on purpose. It might be because he is senile, but still an asshole though.
- Karma Houdini: Darkar, again. Actually it is his most prominent trait. From the recent episodes, not so much.
- And Darkar's Gramps, in the episode focused on him.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Apparently the Crying Girl is this. She even owns a white call named Snowball.
- Large Ham:
Darkar: "I WANT A HAMBURGUEEEEEER!!"
Darkar: "TECNIQUE OF THE DRAGONS DEADLY SCROOOOOOOTUM!!"
Jorge the penguin: "I'M NOT FEMALE!!"
- Lethal Food: The only way to describe the food from Nalgonalds. Just look at the names for the food!
- Limited Wardrobe: Subverted in Season 2, as Darkar changes his trademark striped shirt for a striped hoodie.
- Made of Phlebotinum: Mecoboy is made of cum.
- Major Injury Underreaction: During the Christmas 2010 Episode:
*after Darkar chokes Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer*
Really? Nah, he is just asleep. Hey, I need you to bring me the Super Mauricio Bros.
- After that, Mecoboy points this trope out, only for Darkar to use his usual Preemptive "Shut Up" at him.
- Memetic Molester: Miguel Joaquin, an obvious Shout-Out to Michael Jackson. He even has a movie called "When Pedophiles Attack". Also Jorge the penguin and Darkar's Gramps.
- No Dialogue Episode: The Episode “A Day at the Beach” consists in Mecoboy watching the sunset in the beach. And then he smiles, with a smile from his heart. Subverted when Darkar tries to parody a technique from Street Fighter and kicks him in the face, doing a Moment Killer.
- Once an Episode: Poor Mecoboy, so many times bullied, insulted, owned or destroyed by Darkar.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: After Darkar throws Mecoboy one of his hair pubes just For the Lulz. The two start screaming at each other, saying different dialogues at the same time.
- Only Sane Man: Mecoboy.
- Also Jorge the penguin, in his segments.
- Preemptive "Shut Up": An Overused Running Gag of the series. Darkar often does this to Mecoboy when the latter tries to scold him, even for not reason at all.
- Rape as Drama: Played for Laughs in the case of Luis the Penguin and Senovio.
- Rich Bitch: Princess Melda
- Those Two Guys: Senovio and Luperdo. And the penguins Jorge and Luis.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The way the Owl talks in Legend of Melda.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Luis the penguin is pretty much Jorgesexual.
- Shout-Out: Lots of them, but in one episode, when Darkar uses his usual Preemptive "Shut Up" at Mecoboy, he says "Costa Rica, pura vida!", which was the Catch Phrase of a character from "Just Another Weekend".
- Subliminal Seduction: "Ukulele of Time" (a parody of Ocarina of Time) has a sign that says "Obligatory Subliminal Message. Errm......Sex."
- Straight Gay: Luis the Penguin.
- Vague Age: The author himself, when asked about it, has said that he hadn't really decided on exact ages for any of the characters. Darkar is in his late teens, according to Word of God.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: According to Word of God, Darkar sees Mecoboy as this. Not so much in Mecoboy's part.
- When He Smiles: Mecoboy, during “A Day at the Beach”.
- Why Did It Have to Be Darkar?: Poor Crying Girl...She is scared shitless of him. During the "Goldilocks" episode, she points out that you do NOT want to make Darkar angry and when he forces her to sing with him in the "Hungry Chancroid" episode, she begs for him not to hurt her, only for him to use his usual Preemptive "Shut Up". In one of the official posters for the series, he is shown petting a completely terrified Crying Girl.
- World of Snark: Are you really surprised?