"This game sucks!"
Presented by Adarahs Computer Entertainment America, a CircleHard
production, Ultimate Utopia XXIII
is a parody of the hide-tanningly popular Final Fantasy
series of role-playing games. It can be seen here
Ultimate Utopia XXIII includes examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of the Final Fantasy series, as well as RPGs in general, and also Star Wars
- Calling Your Attacks: When using Slaves (summons), the characters make actual phone calls on cell phones
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: James Yao. Despite having an Israeli ACR carbine, only his special attacks ever hit the boss. His regular attacks, made from about three feet away, however, miss every single time.
- Lamp Shading: Plenty.
- Rule of Funny: The reason why the Megan character, a parody of Aeris Gainsborough is still under Confuse status after being revived, even though in FFVII (and most FF titles), status ailments go away if a character is KOed. Unfortunately, a number of commenters on the video missed the point.
- Stop Trick: Used to make the Slaves appear
- Theme Music Power-Up: The boss that the characters fight, Daniel, is subject to this.
- This Is Reality: Inverted. "Oh, Charles, video games aren't real. You're 100% safe with me."
- Twist Ending: Megan delivers the killing blow to Daniel (18 hit points) while all the other characters are KOed.
- You, Get Me Coffee: Used as part of The Stinger in the closing credits as a parody of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
Vader: The Separatists have been taken care of, my Lord.
Sidious: Good. Now that you have successfully completed Order 66, you may execute Order 67.
Vader: What is that, my Master?
Sidious: Go get me a latte down at the Galactic Cafe. Not too much milk, I like it light. Do what must be done, Lord Vader.
Vader: Yes, Master.