Uglydolls are a series of collectable plush dolls
concieved by David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim. Released in 2002, these doll are the definition of Ugly Cute
, with many different characters in the roster
, as well as their own universe, the "Uglyverse", to call their own.
Tropes of the Uglydolls:
- Alternate Universe: The Uglyverse, and the various other alternate universes that coexist with the Uglyverse.
- Bystander Syndrome: UFOes? Nah, they're business as usual.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Poe, an Ugly Dragon.
- Ugly Cute: To a freakin' T.
- Never Say "Die": Uglydolls are to all intents and purposes immortal, although references to the chance of not coming back alive are common, due to their ridiculous pasttimes.
Babo (floating away from a half-eaten cookie): "Wait, I wasn't done with that!"
- Generation Xerox: The Uglydolls of ye olden days were more or less the same Uglydolls of modern times, only with ye olden problems to deal with.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics, somewhat averted: The, er, women of the Uglyverse have almost no indications of gender save for their descriptions. Although Tray and Puglee are pinkish in hue, others are harder to discern.
- Moxy and Winkolina are green, Mrs. Kasoogi is orange, her mate, Mr. Kasoogi, is purple, Peaco is a pink guy, Uppy is a Magenta man, and Trunko is a Lilac-ish lad.
- It gets worse... Since there are only so many uglydolls, oftentimes (usually) male uglydolls will portray females
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold/Jerk: Gato Deluxe.
"Gato Deluxe is all that! He's got it going on big time! ... Or at least that's Gato Deluxe on the outside. On the inside, Gato Deluxe is a real sweetheart who knows he's all that, big time. Wait, that's the same."
- Split Personality: Bop n' Beep, who literally share bodies with each other. Also Turny Burny.