is a curiously titled hour-long Speculative Documentary
special that aired on the Discovery Channel
in early 2010 (specifically on Valentine's Day, quite fittingly), and used the latest developments of scientific research to educate viewers about dinosaurs
and their dicks
Relying on CGI
technology to bring its amorous prehistoric giants to life, the program focused on the romantic relationships of the famed Tyrannosaurus
, tangled the topic of what most definitely was a difficult feat for Stegosaurus
to accomplish, and threw in gigantic titanosaurs
for good measure (because size matters
The documentary received mixed reactions, but mostly surprised faces and much laughter.
Tropes that appear in this work:
- Domestic Abuse: The female T. rex tries to kill her partner.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Feathered Fiend: The Tyrannosaurus actually has feathers along its back and limbs.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Uh, ya THINK?!
- YMMV, though. While documentaries may be stereotyped as kid-oriented, they generally have a wider audience. Considering some documentaries made by National Geographic and the like explore themes like animal homosexuality, this program is quite tame, actually.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: Used in articles promoting the program.
- Pun-Based Title
- Sexy Discretion Shot: Avoided.
- Small Taxonomy Pools: Three types of dinosaur is all you get.
- Somewhere, a Palaeontologist Is Crying: Tyrannosaurus with an incorrect arm-posture. Oh, and the fact that this program was made.
- Titanosaurus, just Titanosaurus. Chances are that it never existed.
- Speculative Documentary
- Stock Dinosaurs: T. rex, Stegosaurus, and Titanosaurus as the token sauropod.
- Tyrannosaurus rex