A web show that started in 2003 in an mp3 radio show format, and has since evolved into a (usually) weekly show on ustream. Found here
The show itself is run by Two Grpyhon, a furry
with an... odd
sense of humor. His sidekicks change from time to time, the longest running being Jibba Foxcanubazela
The subject matter is only infrequently about the Furry Fandom
, the show's focus is more on news commentary and the extremely popular Gore News
, which details the Darwin awards-esque ways people have died or been injured; The presentation is much funnier then it sounds. After the intermission, the remainder of the show is dedicated to reading and answering letters, while this section isn't funny per se the advice he gives is very helpful
to the long-time listeners.
2 himself has stated he wants to put the best face of the Furry Fandom
forward he can, and he urges his fans to do the same.
This show has examples of:
- Author Appeal: Stories involving gruesome or unusual deaths because they find them funny; expect the occasional dead baby joke as well. However the humor more often is internet-based.
- Bears Are Bad News: "...and then you get mauled by a fucking polar bear, then you die." -Episode 2
- Black Comedy: The fans well know the "McBaby" and "Three-Cheese Baby" routines. In addition, the "Gore News" segments, where the hosts bring levity to the stories of those who in amazingly creative or stupid ways.
- Camp Gay: The hosts are known to randomly affect very gay lisps, other then that the fit the trope.
- Catch Phrase: "... Until he was dead!" Occasionally, "until he was [X] and dead!"
- Corpsing: Jibba does this frequently in response to the Gore News.
- One notable instance of corpsing is when the hosts tried to read a story about a poem called "I Ruined Your Face," written by a guy who was insane. The hosts couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the show.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The "Gore News" segment.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Subverted, 2 will respond to either 2 or Matthew, though he has noted that everyone (even his mom) calls him 2 most of the time.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Jibba is a female impersonator, and has shown up on the show at least once in women's clothing.
- Furry Fandom: It's run by two (or more) furries, what do you expect?
- Gallows Humor: 2's sense of humor seems to lean this way heavily.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: 2 comes across this way frequently. While he laughs at stories of death and wants to watch the world burn, he has his moments of compassion when he drops the '2' persona.
- For instance, upon hearing a story about a woman who sued two teenage girls for baking her cookies, 2 called the girls up to see if they were traumatized by the incident. To further cement 2 into this trope, he was delighted to hear that the old lady was being shunned by the rest of the town for being so heartless.
- Laugh Themselves Sick: Jibba, frequently, especially in the Gore News. Part of what makes that segment so entertaining is watching his reactions to them.
- Running Gag: A few examples include "BEES!", "poking the pengi", and Spazfox slapping his retard.
- Straight Gay: The hosts themselves.