Tweet Me Harder is "the world's first, best, only and last talkback-enabled interactive audio podblast", hosted by David Malki !
and Kris Straub
. It's recorded live and is based around the concept of the hosts checking a Twitter feed of listeners' reactions to the broadcast, and occasionally using reading one out loud to use as a springboard for their conversations. Or not. Typically, episodes run 40 to 70 minutes in length, excluding pre- and post-show banter, which is cut out of the final release and only available during the live broadcasts.
Episodes defy summary, to the point where, were you to become distracted for a minute or two, you would return to find that the subject has changed entirely and without warning, though the transition was almost assuredly seamless. At best, one might be able to describe it as surrealist stream of consciousness spoken word comedy jazz philosophy.
Contains Examples Of:
- Bittersweet Ending: The end of the series. There was much sadness on the part of the audience at the end of the show's run
- Comically Missing the Point: In response to a criticism of their format, which also manages to demonstrate said format and deliver an unblinking Take That to the critic at the same time:
Malki !: On Twitter, @sammydj2l says, "Bad show idea is to construct jokes and explain the punchline to death." So we've talked briefly about this before, and I think the main key here is that he wants us not to merely explain the punchline of jokes, but to construct the jokes, which is a very difficult and more time-consuming process than simply explaining existing jokes.
Kris: I don't know if it's worthwhile! You know? Is it better— I mean, you could imply a joke and then explain it away. That takes a lot more talent, to be able to invent a joke wholesale, just on the fly.
Malki !: Right, just out of wholecloth. And then you have to explain what you've just done. It's sort of like doing a magic trick where you do it, you perform it, and then you go back and deconstruct it. You say "watch my hands. Now, while I'm waving over here, my other hand is going around the back." Is that what he's asking?
- Cow Tools: This is the think tank from which all Cow Tools are spawned. And they know what they're used for.
- Deconstruction: OF REALITY
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: At least until another one comes along
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: Key within the tome of Kris Straub's many, many fears.
- Fictional Holiday: Today is the day we celebrate the fictitious phenomenon of lightning— get out your lightning bags, kids!
- Improv: Around half of the content of the entire series is improvisational humor, usually derived from one or more twitter posts.
- All Just a Dream: Episode 46: Torquequake
- Lightning Can Do Anything: If it existed, I mean.
- Special Guest: Appearances have been made by other internet personalities: Fake Stan Lee, Chris Hastings, Kevin Mc Shane, John Allison, Colleen AF Venable, and Dave Kellett
- Surrealism: Listen long enough, and you'll start to view the world as a very tall elephant.