Turn Me On, Dammit
(Norwegian: Få meg på, for faen
) is a 2011 Norwegian coming-of-age comedy film by Jannicke Systad Jacobsen, after a novel by Olaug Nilssen.
The film is set in lays Skoddeheimen (something like "Misthaven"), somewhere in western Norway. Alma, 15 years old, lives alone with her mother. She is full of raging hormones and spends her days daydreaming and fantasizing or hanging around with her two friends. At a party, Artur, a boy on whom she has an obvious crush, pokes her with his genitalia when they are alone outside. When Alma mentions this to her friends they, and absolutely everyone else, do believe Artur rather than her. Quickly shamed and ostracized, Alma becomes even more depressed.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Alma does this a lot. Three times onscreen and once offscreen. It's even a plot point.
- Animal Reaction Shot: The opening scene shows Alma listening to a phone sex operator, and masturbating vigorously with her dog watching in fascination.
- Bi the Way: Most of Alma's fantasies involve boys, but at one point, she fantasizes about fondling Ingrid's breasts and going down on her.
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Artur walks in on a very bored Alma riding on a roll of coins at the store.
- Cool Big Sis: Alma has one, living in the big city.
- Coming of Age Story
- Erotic Dream: Constantly. Played for laughs and for (mild) drama.
- Emo Teen: Naturally, though a mild case.
- Granola Girl: Sarah has tones of this crossed with a mild case of goth.
- Growing Up Sucks: Not just for Alma but also for her over-her-head mother.
- Immodest Orgasm: It is revealed that Alma's mother has heard her masturbating(while calling out Artur's name) many times. Alma is understandably embarrassed.
- Wild Teen Party: Alma and her friends visit one in the beginning.
- Sex Is Evil: Alma's mother seems to think so.
- You Are Grounded: It doesn't help.