A Trope Trope
, which rears its ugly head to everyone eventually, clouding the mind, making a troper
unable to think of something that was just on the tip of their tongue, and afflicting a normally productive YKTTW
session in any number of ghastly drains upon the brain.
For example, you could have:
- Knowledge that a trope exists, but inability to remember any specific examples. Basically, you've Seen It a Million Times but can't remember any of them.
- Knowledge that a trope exists, and an image of what the trope is, but an inability to think of a good way to describe it. Often results in articles ending up either too specific or too broad. This often leaves the examples as the real indicator of what the trope is.
- Knowledge that a trope exists, and an image of what the trope is, but an inability to think of a good name for it.
- Knowledge that there is a trope in play, but an inability to put one's finger on what it is, exactly.
- You're sure we already have the trope, but you can't remember what the thing's called, and the search function turns up nothing relevant. Just ask about it at the Trope Finder.
Occasionally pertains specifically to examples, with cases such as:
- Knowing an example of the trope but can't remember the name of the book / story.
- (much less often) Knowing an example of the trope but can't even remember what medium it was from.
Each of these is best solved with time. Eventually, or, hopefully, the answers will come.