- Shakespeare did it first.
- As the number of trope examples gains magnitude, the probability of an example entirely in Japanese approaches certainty.
- A given trope shall be about Star Trek in some way. The fact that this has nothing to do with the Japanese language is <something about Sulu>. If you can't link it to Star Trek or Doctor Who, Stargate SG-1 will do. The fact that this has even less to do with the Japanese language is <something about island nations> or <something about that monk on Oma Desala's planet>, respectively.
- If neither a Speculative Fiction or Anime example can be found, the authors compromise by finding one from Avatar: The Last Airbender . (In the unlikely event it doesn't have one already.)
- The probability of an opening quote from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series, Zero Punctuation or Discworld is directly proportional to how long an entry on a trope has existed.
- If the entry involves Webcomics in any way, there will be an example from El Goonish Shive or The Order of the Stick. Homestuck is also likely be cited.
- There will be substantially more trope examples based on Anime than any other medium. (Present page included.)
- Haruhi Suzumiya, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Bleach, or My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic will be mentioned in any page not specifically about it. If a page lacks either, it's only a matter of time.
- It will be declared to be one of The Oldest Ones in the Book.
- If it involves Time Travel, there will be a Headscratchers page about it.
- If the trope was ever subverted or lampshaded, the probability that an example from The Simpsons will be posted approaches one exponentially, with exceptions mostly populating the realm of Anime Tropes.
- At least two-thirds of tropes shall have examples from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and said examples will probably involve a Lampshade Hanging or subversion. This chance increases to nine-tenths if Angel and Firefly are also considered.
- If the example in question is from Neon Genesis Evangelion, the probability of it being listed as a deconstruction, Lampshade Hanging or subversion is exactly one, even if it actually involves neither.
- Sooner or later, Paul Robinson will claim it's in Instrument of God.
- If there is a Wild Mass Guessing page for it, at least one character will be cited as a Time Lord, Jesus, Johan, or Haruhi Suzumiya, including for Haruhi Suzumiya itself.
- If a trope has anything to do with gender or superheroes, there will be a Whateley Universe example. There probably will be even if it has absolutely nothing to do with gender or superheroes.
- If a trope is about weaponry, the probability of Mega Man or one of its Sequel Series getting a mention is 100%.
- As time passes, the chances of a trope being either inverted, subverted, or played 'brutally' straight by Warhammer 40,000 approaches one.
- It's Been Done.
- On any Wild Mass Guessing page for a more weird anime, at some point there will be a suggestion that it takes place during Instrumentality.
- The worse reception the work has, the larger percentage the work's YMMV page is compared to main page.
- On Character Sheets, main non-antiheroes have fewer tropes than villains or neutral characters.
- Any trope even tangentially related to Mind Screw will draw examples from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and vice versa.
- If it is an animated trope, the chance of Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic being listed there is almost exactly 100%.
- Related to the above, all tropes will have an example from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, regardless of how well it fits. If it is a trope that would never occur in Friendship Is Magic proper (due to not fitting the genre, being inappropriate for the intended demographic, etc.), it will be present in Fan Fiction for the series.
- As time passes, the probability of a trope page having an internal link to itself within one of its examples approaches one.
- If a video game trope is present in the webcomics, the probability of it being parodied or lampshaded is close to 100%.
- On any Wild Mass Guessing page for a series with Applied Phlebotinum, the chances of said phlebotinum being connected to Spiral Power at some point is 100%.
- Eventually, every example will be an aversion, subversion, inversion, Double Subversion, "partial subversion", or Not an Example.
- If there is a section for Fan Fiction on a page, at least 50% of the examples (rounded up) will be of fanfiction for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic or a crossover containing it.