was an online MMO
, somewhat similar to Transformers: War for Cybertron
with its Class System
, but the graphics were a little lower and the designs took their cue from Transformers Prime
. It was a browser-based game similar to RuneScape
and was made by the same company
The game was only in open beta for it's short lifespan, and it has been said that the available content was only about 10% of what was planned. It appeared to feature the exact same story as most Transformers franchise
storylines of Autobots vs. Decepticons.
Jagex and Hasbro
announced that they would begin closure of the game on December 16, 2014, and the servers were shut down for good on January 31, 2015.
See the trailer here
This game provides examples of:
- Allegedly Free Game: While free to play, expensive "Founder's Packs" gave many players an unfair advantage, and were pretty much necessary for playing certain characters.
- Always over the Shoulder
- An Adventurer Is You: Several classes - such as Soldiers, Demolishers, Medics, Hybrids, Mechanists, Suppressors, and Guardians.
- An Axe to Grind: Anomaly, Ripraw, Monsoon, Rampart, and Shellshock carry large battle axes, and Front-Line carries twin hand axes.
- Arm Cannon: How the Transformers hold their weapons (with the exception of melee weapons and gatling guns), they "transform" their arms into them.
- Art Evolution: Characters returning from Prime are given slight aesthetic overhauls for the game.
- BFG: Showdown carries a gigantic "Surge Cannon" slung over his shoulder.
- Big Bad: Megatron.
- Big Good: Optimus Prime.
- Cast from Hit Points: Firebreaker's cloaking ability drains his Shield health bar.
- Chainsaw Good: Doubletake and Mismatch carry chainsaws.
- Combat Medic
- Continuity Nod:
- The game is set before the events of Transformers Prime, specifically during part of the Autobot/Decepticon conflict on Earth that was mentioned to have occurred three years earlier in that series.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Cool Sword: Macro uses one.
- Cut Short: Lasted only six months before Jagex and Hasbro pulled the plug.
- Drop the Hammer: Showdown, Front-Line, and Flatline carry battle hammers.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Sparkscape carries a "Flame Vapor Gun", and a "Vaccine Vapor Gun", which shoots what is basically healing flames.
- Friendly Fireproof
- Gatling Good: Monsoon, Showdown, Front-Line, Rampart, Mismatch, and Shellshock carry miniguns. Shellshock has two.
- Grenade Launcher: Carried by Ripraw, Macro, Monsoon, Astraea, Rampart, and Flatline.
- Gun Nut: Shellshock; "he ensures burst rates, muzzle velocities, calibers and cartridges all get a little love."
- Invisibility Cloak: Comes in multiple varieties. Macro can place a dome in which Autobots will be invisible (and also cloak himself alone in vehicle mode), Swagger can simply cloak himself, and Firebreaker sacrifices his Shield health to fuel his cloak.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Swagger carries a pair.
- Lightning Gun: Used by Swagger, Meltdown, and Derail. Triage, Meltdown, and Hotwire have healing ones.
- Mechanical Lifeforms
- Mythology Gag
- Named Weapons: Despite most weapons in the game not being unique to a single character (except a few stats like range and damage), each weapon a character has has a unique prefix, such as Meltdown's Boraya Beam Gun VS. Swagger's Ronin Beam Gun.
- Out of Focus: Main characters from other series simply do not appear (yet) in the game and are replaced by original Transformers characters, save for a few non-playable characters like Optimus Prime, Megatron, Prowl, and Brawl. Many "lore characters" are set to be playable in the future, however.
- Palette Swap
- Power Fist: Overclock, Firebreaker, and Drive-By use large boxing glove-like gauntlets.
- Shotguns Are Just Better / Short Range Shotgun: Anomaly, Pandemic, and Catapult have shotguns, and Conduit has a healing shotgun.
- Shoulder Cannon: Showdown's BFG.
- Sniper Rifle: Catapult and Duststorm carry sniper rifles.
- Splash Damage: For the rocket launchers and grenade launchers, of course!
- Transforming Mecha: Should be obvious really.