is an online MMO
, somewhat similar to Transformers: War for Cybertron
with its Class System
, but the graphics are a little lower and the designs take their cue from Transformers Prime
. It will be a browser-based game similar to RuneScape
and made by the same company
Currently, the game is only in open beta and it has been said that the current content is only about 10% of what is planned. It appears to feature the exact same story as most Transformers franchise
storylines of Autobots vs. Decepticons.
See the trailer here
This game provides examples of:
- Always over the Shoulder
- An Adventurer Is You: Several classes - such as Soldiers, Demolishers, Medics, Hybrids, Mechanists, Suppressors, and Guardians.
- An Axe to Grind: Anomaly, Ripraw, Monsoon, Rampart, and Shellshock carry large battle axes, and Front-Line carries twin hand axes.
- Arm Cannon: How the Transformers hold their weapons (with the exception of melee weapons and gatling guns), they "transform" their arms into them.
- Art Evolution: Characters returning from Prime are given slight aesthetic overhauls for the game.
- BFG: Showdown carries a gigantic "Surge Cannon" slung over his shoulder.
- Big Bad: Megatron.
- Big Good: Optimus Prime.
- Cast from Hit Points: Firebreaker's cloaking ability drains his Shield health bar.
- Chainsaw Good: Doubletake and Mismatch carry chainsaws.
- Combat Medic
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Cool Sword: Macro uses one.
- Drop the Hammer: Showdown, Front-Line, and Flatline carry battle hammers.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Sparkscape carries a "Flame Vapor Gun", and a "Vaccine Vapor Gun", which shoots what is basically healing flames.
- Friendly Fireproof
- Gatling Good: Monsoon, Showdown, Front-Line, Rampart, Mismatch, and Shellshock carry miniguns. Shellshock has two.
- Grenade Launcher: Carried by Ripraw, Macro, Monsoon, Astraea, Rampart, and Flatline.
- Gun Nut: Shellshock; "he ensures burst rates, muzzle velocities, calibers and cartridges all get a little love."
- Invisibility Cloak: Comes in multiple varieties. Macro can place a dome in which Autobots will be invisible (and also cloak himself alone in vehicle mode), Swagger can simply cloak himself, and Firebreaker sacrifices his Shield health to fuel his cloak.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Swagger carries a pair.
- Lightning Gun: Used by Swagger, Meltdown, and Derail. Triage, Meltdown, and Hotwire have healing ones.
- Mechanical Lifeforms
- Mythology Gag
- Named Weapons: Despite most weapons in the game not being unique to a single character (except a few stats like range and damage), each weapon a character has has a unique prefix, such as Meltdown's Boraya Beam Gun VS. Swagger's Ronin Beam Gun.
- Palette Swap
- Power Fist: Overclock, Firebreaker, and Drive-By use large boxing glove-like gauntlets.
- Short Range Shotgun
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Anomaly and Catapult have shotguns, and Conduit has a healing shotgun.
- Shoulder Cannon: Showdown's BFG.
- Sniper Rifle: Catapult and Duststorm carry sniper rifles.
- Splash Damage: For the rocket launchers and grenade launchers, of course!
- Transforming Mecha: Should be obvious really.
- What Could Have Been: Was originally going to be a full-on MMORPG (and indeed was promoted as one at Bot Con 2012).