Don't you wish you paid more attention to the environment?Toxic OCT
is an Original Character Tournament
currently on its final round, a surprisingly three way race for the gold, hosted on DeviantART
. The setting is basically a Garden of Evil
Storyline is quite simple: A wide variety of characters are asked by one of four Guardians to help them to save their world from a creature named Toxen who has taken away their king. The name is a pun of the word "toxin", so his (its?) powers are quite obvious.
Fin - Guardian of Fire, and a former king
Mother - Guardian of Plants and Life
Grivor - Guardian of Earth
Aiga - Guardian of Water
Maeve - Guardian of Air
This OCT contains examples of the following tropes:
- Another Dimension: Enough said.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: For the Guardians.
- The Beautiful Elite: All the Guardians are handsome/gorgeous or very aesthetically pleasing.
- Elemental Powers: The Guardians themselves.
- Five-Man Band:
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Fin's Blue to Aiga's Red.
- Garden of Evil: And how!
- Schedule Slip: *whistles*
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: One of the contestants, Gabija, is deathly afraid of water. Guess where Round 1 is going to be!
- What, did you forget Pogo!?
- Grimy Water: Setting of Round 1, where the contestants must cross in boats.
- The Lost Woods: Setting of Round 2, albeit most of the flora should be dead and the fauna, dangerous.
- Death Mountain: Setting of Round 3, where the remaining contestants must scale the massive volcano.
- There Can Be Only One: A surprising three way battle for the finalists, and not the usual two, but there is only one first place winner, the subsequent two shall be placed in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
The Official Contestants
- Creator: Artic-Moon Intro: 
- Gender-Blender Name: Ethel is a 44 year old superhuman disguised as a normal business man. But Ethel is still a girl's name.
- Although it is a codename, his original name is Jay Garfield.
- In his defense, Ethel means "strong man" in Turkish.
- Adorkable: Face it. He's just a big, old teddy bear.
- Super Strength: His main ability.
- Submissive Badass: Submissive first, but when the situation calls for it, he can take on the Badass Leader role.
Dot G. Kacher and Miles Lawrence
- Creator: Kat-a-line Intro 
- Magic Mushroom: Mycolo's a person who's species originate from mushrooms.
- Berserk Button: Mistake Mycolo for a woman and you'll be dealing with one pissy mushroom.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Mycolo is definitely a jerk, but he does seem to care about others to a certain degree.
- He saves Gabija from drowning (This is canon in Kat-A-Line's entries) and hands her off to Sa-Rang for medical treatment in exchange for a piece of mushroom from his head. Unfortunately he didn't even bother telling Sa-Rang that he was EXTREMELY poisonous and using a piece of himself for one of her potions would more than likely end up killing someone. Whoops!
Draco-Vampiress and Chase
Nevermind and Myren jr.
- Creator: Britbau Intro 
- Ambiguous Gender: Nevermind's entire species, though Nevermind thinks itself as a male.
- A Boy and His X: Myren jr. essentially brings out the best in Nevermind... Though it's more like an alien and his egg.
Argent and Solune
Nightly and Mr. Giggles
Gaby and Picte
- Creator: Clock-workable Intro 
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Handicapped Badass: He has only one arm, one eye and a broken leg, But is still a capable fighter.
- Asexuality: Clock has stated outside the OCT that Ralph is Asexual.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ralph may be a jerk, and sarcastic, pragmatic when it comes to helping strangers. But it's implied that deep down, he's very loyal to the people he cares about.
Necro and Cadi
- Creator: Dudumsomnium Intro 
- Butt Monkey - Locke is pretty much the epitome of bad luck. He's a big klutz and always manages to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and is often the butt of jokes. Because of this, he has just about zero self-confidence and goes into ridiculous depressive mood swings.
Shink and Bossle
Sa-rang and Pyong Hwa
Sparky and Clair
- Creator: Nightshadered Intro 
- Don Quixote: Edgar thinks that he's a knight, city where he lives is a kindgom, citizens are peasant and Grivor is a king.
- Creator: Charanty Intro 
- Ambiguous Gender - Alva's species reproduce through a form of telepathy so in it's case both versions are correct.
- Unicorn: Well, Alva doesn't exactly look like one but indirectly creator points out that it might be a unicorn.
- Also a case of serious Ghost Amnesia.
- Not only Dead All Along but also Dead to Begin With: Alva's afterlife was far from quiet rest.
Monte and Twosets