Tom Hardy (born September 15, 1977) is an English actor who usually shows up in action or gangster films.
Selected roles of Tom Hardy:
Tropes about Tom Hardy:
- Ascended Fanboy: He adores Gary Oldman, calls him his hero, used to banter with his drama school friends about who was more of an expert on his films, and has now starred in three films in two years with Oldman(Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, The Dark Knight Rises and Lawless).
- The Big Guy: He began taking roles requiring muscular physiques after Bronson. In an interview for that film, he admitted that playing a muscular character who beats people up would probably be good for his career. Hence making Hardy suitable for roles like Bane.
- Bishōnen: He tends to be this when he isn't packing on muscle for his roles.
- Career Resurrection: He's been a hot property again since Inception.
- Dyeing For Your Art: Hardy got enormous for Bronson, then used that experience to land other musclebound roles in Warrior and The Dark Knight Rises.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Hardy's performance as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises provides an example
- Old Shame: You're unlikely to hear him discussing Star Trek Nemesis anytime soon. With good reason, sadly — the failure of that film, coupled with fan ire against him for things that weren't really his fault, drove him to drink and to the brink of suicide, since what was to be his big break became a near Career Killer.
- Promoted Fanboy: Was a huge Batman fan growing up and stated he had trouble doing fight scenes as it felt like he was beating up his childhood hero. He has also worked three times with Gary Oldman, whom he considers his hero and his main inspiration for becoming an actor.
- Romance on the Set: Met his fiancee Charlotte Riley on the set of Wuthering Heights.
- Star-Making Role: Eames in Inception.