is a British daytime television programme created by Granada Television and broadcast on ITV. The show originally aired from Granada's Albert Dock Studios in Liverpool on 3 October 1988. It features celebrity guests
, entertainment, and various other features - in short, a mix of consumer show and Variety Show
The current presenters are Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby who are on Monday to Thursday.Eamonn Holmes and wife Ruth Langsford are on air every Friday and also deputise Phillip and Holly respectively. If any of the four presenters are off or unavailable a guest presenter will co-present This Morning. Famous ones have included Gethin Jones, of Blue Peter
This show contains examples of:
- Cringe Comedy: Richard as Ali G.
- Fanservice: Gethin Jones. "The Welsh wonder", as he's nicknamed... a surefire hit.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Comes close to this.
- Lampshade Hanging: The show tends to do this every now and then.
- Mood Dissonance: This is one of the defining features of the show.
- Mood Whiplash: As per above.
- Ms. Fanservice: Samanthi, who's also a presenter on Q Radio. Anglo-Indian, she looks exotic, and is also an accomplished music journalist. Not just fanservice, indeed...
- Pædo Hunt: Instead, they talk to the victims of sexual/child abuse.
- Sadist Show: It's not sadistic in the usual sense, rather it covers issues that would be seen as sadistic.
- Scare 'Em Straight: Some of the more Anvilicious issues are this.
- The Red Stapler: Ruth Langsford's dresses.
- Transsexual: More recently, it's female-to-male (Ft M) transsexuals, with male-to-female (Mt F) being sidelined. Considered to be Bile Fascination, if the opinion of webforums/social networking is anything to go by.