“To conquer the earth with an army of flying monkeys” is a bad long term goal to give the re-enlistment NCO.Once upon a time, there was an enlisted man in the United States Army named Skippy. It occured to him that there were a lot of things that people in the army — with "people" often meaning "him specifically" were, in various fashions, commanded not to do. He decided to make a list of all of those things...and once people got done giggling, some of them started coming up with their own versions. This is the page for the growing number of "Things X Is Not/No Longer Allowed To Do" list, which are exactly what they sound like. From the Army to XCOM, if you're not allowed to do it in there, you'll find it in here. The Evil Overlord List is similar, but more of a "best practices" as opposed to "don't do this". These tend to be something The Loonie would try.
Known "Not Allowed To Do" lists include:
- Skippy's List - the original list
- Things Mr. Welch Is No Longer Allowed to Do in an RPG
- Survival Tips for S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits
- Things XCOM Operatives Are No Longer Allowed to Do
- Things Not to Do in a Pokéumans Base - covering both things specific to the Pokéumans Fan Verse and also general Pokémon does-and-don'ts.
- The Official List of Unofficial Rules
- The Things Dr Bright Is Not Allowed To Do At The SCP Foundation
- 100 Things Commander Shepard Crew'll Mutiny Over
- Things Involving Shipgirls That Are No Longer Allowed
- Things I Am Not Allowed to Do at Hogwarts.
- 62 Things The Avengers are Not Allowed to Do, for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- A running list of things I am not allowed to do in Shadowrun.
- Things One Is Not Allowed to Do in Exalted.
- Things Runs-Like-Hell Is No Longer Allowed to Do in the Garou Nation, which is specific to Werewolf: The Apocalypse.
- Things Mikkel Madsen is Not Allowed to Do for Stand Still, Stay Silent.
- Things That You Are No Longer Allowed To Do In The Imperial Military Service, from the Eldraeverse, along with the dubiously canonical 37 Things You Probably Shouldn't Do (But Are Allowed To) In The Associated Worlds.