Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
No, not those guys.The Zeldathon Team
is a group of gamers who play the Legend of Zelda games for charity (and sometimes other games as well.) They are located in Pennsylvania and host marathons twice (or more!) a year, one in winter and one in summer.
So far they have had eight marathons.
- Zeldathon For Charity - Raised $300.00
- Zeldathon for the American Cancer Society - $3,322.18
- Skypeathon by the Zeldathon Team for Child's Play - $5.01
- Zeldathon for the American Diabetes Association - $4,001.00
- Zeldathon Quest - $2,672.07
- Zeldathon for the American Red Cross - $13,280.00
- Zeldathon for Child's Play - $15,473.00
- Ultimate Zeldathon for Child's Play - $27,175.63
- Zeldathon Water for charity: water - $45,273.00
This event provides examples of the following tropes:
- Amusing Injuries - The viewers could donate to have Alex get punched in various areas depending on the amount donated. This resulted in a lot or arm punches, chest punches and one Groin Attack.
- Announcer Chatter - They are sometimes even more interesting than the games themselves.
- Armor-Piercing Slap - Slaps are a selectable punishment.
Silver: You were holding back?! I will never insult a girl, ever! Now, make her slap my other cheek to return my face to normal.
- A Wizard Did It - At some times when the audience asked how something worked they would get the reply: Magic.
- Back from the Dead - Silver "died" because of the Hot Sauce, but was revived when the donation counter reached $600
- Berserk Button - Don't mention Hot Sauce so that Silver hears it.
- Also, Ezlo from Minish Cap is a hate object of Silver's
- Brief Accent Imitation - While playing Twilight Princess during Zeldathon for Child's Play, Mike proceeded to voice act for many of the characters. The accents ranged from British to Australian to just a really high squeaky voice for the villain.
- Charissa also voiced Midna for a little while, and Mike was very freaked out by it when she started.
- Color Coded Characters - Each Zeldathon has a color associated with it.
- Zeldathon 1 - Tan
- Zeldathon ACS - Dark Tan; Logo was Red and Blue
- Zeldathon ADA - Lighter shade of Tan
- Zeldathon Quest - Deep shade of Green
- Zeldathon ARC - Deep Red
- Zeldathon Child's Play - Lighter shade of Green
- Ultimate Zeldathon - Indigo
- Zeldathon: Water - Light Blue
- Crowning Moment of Funny - Randy would dance to Lady Gaga's Bad Romance in a skirt if $1000 was raised before midnight of the second day. They did.
- During Zeldathon for Child's Play, about 3 hours before midnight of the 5th day, Andy brought up a challenge that he had planned a few days before. Specifically, that he would dress up as the Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time if the donations reached $10,000 before midnight. Cue 1,000 dollars being raised in those three hours, of which a quarter of that was raised in the last 15 MINUTES.
- Dance Party Ending - After Mike conquered the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess, during the Zeldathon for Child's Play.
- Eat That - How about half a bottle of Hot Sauce?
Silver: Let's never speak of this again.
- Ghost peppers, or the Bhut Jolokia chili pepper. Prepare the glasses of milk.
- Epic Fail - The Skypeathon is considered to be this. Also Zeldathon 1, though to a much lesser extent.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep - Mike's Dad.
- Fan Art - The audience could send them in and have them shown (for donations).
- Fan Boy - On the last day of Zeldathon ADA, Mike got a call from Dain Bramaged over his phone... he started dancing...
- Five-Man Band
- Funny Foreigner - Martin Silver, all the way from Sweden.
Silver: This English thing is difficult.
- Heroic BSOD - Silver, after he had beaten Skyward Sword.
- Everyone, after they had seen Andy's costume.
- Nearly everyone at Zeldathon Water when Mike was forced to dance with his shirt off.
- Incredibly Lame Pun - Silver fought for his life during his battle against Death.
- Large Ham - Silver. Oh my Gardevoir, Silver. Oh, and MC too.
- Memetic Mutation - 7-year-old-milk. That is all.
- Motor Mouth - MC is a master at this.
- Must Have Caffeine - They are playing games for three days or more, what do you expect?
- My Name Is Not Durwood - Zak
Oddish Ondish, although he doesn't mind... much.
- Nice Hat - Mike sports a fedora, it can't get much better than that. Silver's double fedora may count as well.
- Off the Rails - Most of the second half of Groose: The Musical
- Planet of Hats - The ratio of people wearing hats at Zeldathon is almost 1:1, and with various types of hats as well.
- Self-Imposed Challenge - During Zeldathon: Child's Play, not only did Silver do a 3-heart run of Minish Cap, he did its first dungeon blindfolded (being guided by MC), the second dungeon upsidedown and the third dungeon wearing a Steve-head.
- Shout Out - Silver kept saying "Donate to make cancer feel foolish" during the second Zeldathon.
- Tempting Fate - If viewers could raise $27,000 for Zeldathon Water before the game was finished, Mike was to do another 3 heart run of the The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess Cave of Ordeals. He confidently said raising the remaining $7,000 during a single game had never been and wouldn't be done. 12 hours later, he got to eat his words.
- Nearing the end of Zeldathon Water, Mike agreed to dancing with his shirt off if they could get the total to $45,000 before the stream ended. Cue viewers raising the remaining $2,000 in about 10 minutes.
- That Russian Squat Dance - Hilariously attempted by Silver during Ultimate Zeldathon.
- Voice with an Internet Connection - The Skype guests and to a lesser extent, the chatroom.
- You Have 72 Hours - Early marathons ran for 3 days and the final hours got really stressy.