- The original 19th century science fiction novel written by H. G. Wells
- The 1939 radio drama by Orson Welles
- Several films, two of which are especially well-known:
- The 1953 film produced by George Pal
- The 2005 film directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise
- H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds, the 2005 Direct-to-Video Follow the Leader Dueling Film that launched Mock Buster juggernaut The Asylum to prominence. Also notable for giving the iconic tripods six legs. Followed by a sequel in 2008.
- H. G. Wells' THE War of the Worlds: Yet another 2005 Direct-to-Video Follow the Leader Dueling Film. Ironically, thus far the most faithful film adaptation of the original novel, insofar as it is the only one be set in 1898 England.
- A TV series based upon the 1953 film
- Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds
- A 2006 Dark Horse Comics adaptation, written as a prequel to the earlier comic series Scarlet Traces.
- War of the Worlds: Goliath, a 2012 Malaysian animated film that operates as a sequel to the original novel.
The War of the Worlds
The War of the Worlds can refer to: